13 : 𝖳𝗈 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖣𝗎𝗇𝗀𝖾𝗈𝗇𝗌

[⛓]

"LET GO OF ME! I REFUSE TO BE BLAMED OVER THIS HORRID CATASTROPHE!"

The once peaceful atmosphere of the palace shattered at the shrill of Empress Y/N's voice. Everyone was in a state of terror after learning about Lady Dalja's untimely demise. Emperor Soobin had abruptly rushed in, followed by his one and only mistress and saw his wife, hands and robes bloody, cradling the corpse of the council lady in her arms. There was a knife on her side and she looked panic-stricken.

Thus, he commanded his guards to get a hold of her. Lady Dalja's body was carefully put away. Empress Y/N squirmed, intensifying the commotion.

"Soobin!" She yelled, baffled. "You can't think of me as a murderer! I would never do such thing!"

"Silence, Y/N."

"You can't do this to me!"

Emperor Soobin tore his gaze away from her. Instead, he comforted a trembling Lady Hyunseul clutching on his arms. She shed a couple of tears, face half-buried on the sleeves of his attire.

"How can the gods let this happen..?" She whimpered, running her fingers under her eyes. "Lady Dalja.. She does not deserve this, My Lord.."

"I know." Emperor Soobin gritted. "But we can't do anything about the situation, angel. She's gone."

"Great loss to the council, she is.." Lady Hyunseul glanced at Empress Y/N. "Your Grace, why..?

"I did not kill her!" Empress Y/N sneered. "I may have been on her side the moment you rushed in, but that doesn't justify your allegations that I was the one who took away her life!"

"It is better to blame the first suspect than to let them go.." Lady Hyunseul sniffled. "You, Your Grace, are unfortunately suspicious.."

"HOW WAS I SUSPICIOUS?!"

"You probably didn't have enough time to dispose of her body so you decided it was smart to play the victim..!"

"Lady Hyunseul." Emperor Soobin warned. "Until Y/N is proven guilty, you better cease with your accusations."

"But, My Lord..!" Lady Hyunseul wailed. "Everything has come to clear..! A weapon was present within her perimeter, she was with the victim, and I can definitely testify as a witness that Her Majesty was with Lady Dalja hours prior..!"

"Brother!"