10 : 𝖸𝗈𝗎 𝖢𝖺𝗇'𝗍 𝖫𝖾𝖺𝗏𝖾

[🍁]

Autumn air was hot on the last morning of October. Maple leaves piled up the garden, painting the once green ground in orange, brown, and red. Humidity was evident from the blowing breeze, caressing the heavy curtains of the palace. Servants scurry about, loading grown pumpkins and spices into the trade carriages to deliver throughout the town. Lastly, the royal couple and their fellow noblemen sat around the breakfast table. Silent.

"Darling?" Emperor Soobin called his wife. "How was your sleep? I suppose you had trouble drifting off last night."

Empress Y/N boringly prodded on her rice. "I sure did."

"And you left the bed."

"To that I apologize."

"Where were you?"

Empress Y/N glanced across the surface. Prince Yujeong busied himself over his bread while Lady Jungyeon quietly slurped on her soup. Lady Hyunseul sat on the Emperor's left side, smiling as she chewed on her grapes— although there was nothing for her to smile about. For now.

"I took a brief walk in the garden." Empress Y/N responded. "Did my absence worry you?"

"No," her husband's eyes twinkled. "Not at all, my dear."

"That's a relief."

"Your Grace?"

She glanced at Lady Hyunseul. "What?"

"I wanted to ask you something."

"Get to the point. I don't have all day."

"Well, I would like you to suggest a name for my child." Lady Hyunseul grinned. "If you don't mind."

"Can't you come up with one yourself?"

"His Majesty told me you're wise enough to conjure names. So, I thought that maybe you could help."

"Do I look like I'm responsible for that matter, Lady Hyunseul?" Empress Y/N questioned. "As far as I'm concerned, it is your duty and Minhyuk's. How dare you impose such task to someone who's higher than you."

Prince Yujeong snorted. Lady Hyunseul pursed her lips in embarrassment. Emperor Soobin stared at his wife with wide eyes. Empress Y/N smugly lowered her vision, stuffing rice into her mouth to hide an escaping grin.