15 : 𝖲𝗅𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝖱𝖾𝖽𝖾𝗆𝗉𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇

[🗝]

"My Lord!"

Emperor Soobin turned to a panting Lady Hyunseul who jogged up to him. He had just got back from an abrupt duty, some serious business he had to deal with. His brows furrowed upon the sight of his future wife and Empress, sweaty and exhausted despite the fact that winter was freezing.

"Lady Hyunseul," he tilted his head. "What's the matter? I told you not to run, didn't I? You're pregnant, remember that."

"Oh, it's fine." She embraced him. "Excitement took over me. Besides, the baby isn't due until a couple months. I'm okay."

"What were you doing then?"

Lady Hyunseul blinked. "I was.. Taking a few laps around the backyard.."

"With a child in your womb?"

"I told you, Your Majesty." She waved a hand, chuckling. "I'm alright. It doesn't affect our kid."

Emperor Soobin shook his head to disagree. "Don't do that again, Lady Hyunseul."

"My apologies. I will cease if you wish." She batted her lashes at him. "Where have you been? You have gone out early."

"I arranged an abrupt discussion with the seniors of the High Court."

Lady Hyunseul's eyes sparkled. "Is it about the coronation, My Lord? Are you perhaps planning our marriage sooner?"

"No," Emperor Soobin climbed the stairs. "We gathered to talk about Y/N."

Lady Hyunseul's face shortly went sour. Damn it. What was with Lady Y/N that her soon-husband had to think about this time? She followed him, walking side by side as she masked her distaste with a bland grin.

"Ah," she sighed. "What about Lady Y/N, My Lord? Did the council already pass her execution? How is it going to be? Will she be hanged in public? Mayhaps beheaded?"

"For once, be quiet." Emperor Soobin gritted. "No, Y/N's punishment isn't going to happen. It never will."

"Huh..?" Lady Hyunseul panicked. "My.. My Lord, but why..? It has been proven that she was responsible for Lady Dalja's death.."

"She's not."