11 : 𝖡𝖾𝗁𝗈𝗅𝖽 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖬𝗂𝗌𝗍𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗌

[🎭]

Word spread throughout the palace like a wildfire. Due to Emperor Soobin and Empress Y/N's loud argument inside the throneroom, a fair amount of servants had managed to eavesdrop. Everyone were either surprised or baffled- of course, they could sense something odd towards their Emperor and Lady Hyunseul beforehand; however, they never really thought this was how the royal couple would eventually end up to.

But the one who took the damage was Empress Y/N. Her husband had already made it clear that their divorce couldn't come to surface unless he finds a reason that could stain her reputation in order to cover up his mistakes. So until that happens, Empress Y/N would be forced to stay in-bound with him and continue fulfilling her duties as Jeongdu's sovereign.

It was upsetting.

She wanted to break free from the ties, but she didn't want to step down the throne with a filthy image either. As much as she was trying to outsmart Emperor Soobin and Lady Hyunseul, she must be careful. The High Court has their ears to the man and he has the rights to upturn Empress Y/N's woes, no matter how much she strives to prove a point.

"Your Majesty." Lady Dalja entered the library. "You didn't come down for lunch, so I'm here to bring your meal."

Empress Y/N glanced up from her scripture. "Thank you. Leave it on the table."

"This soup is best enjoyed while it's still hot, Your Grace. I reckon you should set your duties aside and eat."

"I appreciate it, Lady Dalja. However, these papers are due within an hour. The food can wait."

"You haven't had anything since last dinner. I'm worried about your wellbeing, Your Grace."

"I'm alright. Although, I'm grateful for your concern."

Empress Y/N flipped through the pages, signing here and there. She heaved another scroll, unrolled it, and read. Her brows were sketched in furrows, forehead wrinkled as her face yielded focus and comprehension.

Lady Dalja saddened. It felt as if it were yesterday when she was constantly busting a nerve to the girl due to her sabotaged mistakes. Now, she stood before the same woman to serve. Time flew so fast.

"Say," Lady Dalja prompted, setting the bowls and utensils orderly. "What are all these letters for, Your Majesty? I've heard that the Emperor had already taken care of the allied businesses."

"Indeed, he did." Empress Y/N answered boringly. "These are concerns within the kingdom. I pitched in to handle every single one of it."