06 : 𝖱𝖺𝗂𝗌𝖾 𝖸𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝖲𝗎𝗌𝗉𝗂𝖼𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌

[🍃]

[Y/N's POV]

"Your Majesty?"

"Yes, Lady Dalja? What do you need?"

"Scriptures, Your Grace. I brought them in for you to see. Also, we are yet to receive a response from another kingdom regarding with the treaty."

"I was hoping to see Lady Hyunseul today. She was the one I asked to be summoned, not you."

"I'm afraid she wouldn't be able to comply, Your Majesty."

"Again?"

"She's gotten a lot more sensitive this week, I could tell. The High Court considered to excuse her from heavy duties. Besides, His Majesty had just called in a doctor this morning."

I alarmingly got up. "What happened?"

"Well, they're in Lady Hyunseul's quarters, Your Grace. Would you like me to take you there?"

"Save it," I stepped down. "I'll go there myself."

I quickly paced out of the room. Indeed, Lady Dalja was right.

One month had passed.

Lady Hyunseul's health seemed to be deteriorating since. Despite her image growing plumper, she claimed to feel dizzy, nauseous, and tired consecutively. I once brought her excuse, but these days, she's being a handful.

"Your Majesty," two servants greeted me outside Lady Hyunseul's room.

"Step aside."

Their eyes widened. "Your.. Your Grace..?"

"I must see Lady Hyunseul," I raised a brow. "And my husband."

"We were told not to let anybody enter until His Majesty permits."

"I am your Empress. What makes you think I'm a mere somebody? Open the door."

Creek!

As I wished, the doors slid from the inside. A doctor stepped out with a smile, even doubled upon the sight of me. He readjusted his glasses and bowed respectfully.

"Good day, Your Majesty!"

I returned a beam. "And to you too."

"I suppose you're here for the news, yes? Come quick, my dear."

I confusingly went in. Lady Hyunseul was lying on her bed, blanket over her body. Soobin was on the bedside, one hand touching her shoulder as he talked. As soon as they heard footsteps, they faced me. Lady Hyunseul's face brightened.

"Your Grace!" She breathed.

I wore a blank expression. "Are you alright? Why was the doctor jubilant?"

"Oh, it's.." She slowly sat up. "..the best day of my life. I'm pregnant, Your Majesty."

"Really?" I plainly belted. "For how long?"