16 : 𝖧𝖾 𝖶𝗁𝗈 𝖯𝖺𝗂𝖽 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖯𝗋𝗂𝖼𝖾

[🎐]

"Soobin." Lady Y/N softly called. "Please, refrain from pacing around. Take a seat."

Emperor Soobin rubber his face in exasperation. He couldn't help but walk in circles, silently muttering curses to himself and the heavens for letting this incident happen. Prince Yujeong sat beside Lady Y/N. His head hung low in guilt, especially after hearing Lady Hyunseul's screams inside the room. Lady Jungyeon was there to assist the doctor.

The three of them were advised to wait outside until the doctor was clear of his duties. Judging from how Lady Hyunseul panicked and wailed, it didn't seem like things were going well.

"She will be alright." Lady Y/N guaranteed. "Soobin, settle yourself."

"I'm worried about the kid." Emperor Soobin raked through his hair. "The kid is what I'm concerned about, Y/N."

"This is my fault." Prince Yujeong gulped. "If anything happens to the baby, I will definitely take responsibility."

Lady Y/N sighed. "Why would you push her like that in the first place, Yujeong? You know Lady Hyunseul is pregnant."

"It slipped out of my mind, sister. Rage took over me. Besides, she hurted me. It was my initial response to give her the taste of her own medicine. I'm sorry."

Emperor Soobin slumped to a cushion in front of the two. He cupped his face in his own hands and stared at the floor. His eyes were dull, mouth shut, and it seemed as if he was in a distant thought.

He pondered over his sibling's accusations towards Lady Hyunseul.

She was a fraud. All she wanted was to dethrone Lady Y/N. She killed Lady Dalja. She was the reason behind Lady Y/N's infertility. She put him under her spell. She succeeded upon manipulating him— all that to avenge for a long-gone history her far, great grandmother never had.

Emperor Soobin clenched his fists. Prince Yujeong and Lady Y/N could never lie to him. He knew the pair deeply. Of course, he felt guilty and terrible of what he had done. However, he wouldn't be expecting forgiveness from the people he stepped upon to feed his selfish ego.

"Soobin?"

"Brother?"

No, he wasn't going to cry. He wasn't going to make himself look pathetic and pitiful after the evilness he showcased. If anything, he thought that he deserved to be punished. He believes he held no right to be pardoned. What he did was irredeemable.