Prologe: Chapter 0.5

Running through the crowded streets of Japan, hand in hand, the twins were destined to get away from their home. It had rained the previous days, which left the rocky pavement cold and muddy. The two had left in too much of hurry to grab shoes, or any warm clothes, leaving them  freezing. 

It's currently 10:54 pm, which left the town lit up only by shops and street lights. It was getting darker, which they could only imagine the cause was because of the clouds that were about to cry down on them. They kept running despite being the fact that they were going to rain any minute. They couldn't stop running, the people might still be following. 

The girl looked around as her brother pulled her farther and farther from their home. The sky was a very dark blue, mimicking the shade of black. The stars were being covered by the clouds, as the moon kept shining. The road they ran along was shining because of the rain that had fell the previous days, the orange street lights pointing out every imperfection it had. Restaurants were closed, being cleaned up, while small smoke shops stayed open. Her twin's ash-blonde hair was matted to his forehead because of sweat. He was panting, clearly running out of energy to continue running. 

She stopped, pulling her brothers arm so he was facing her. He was on the verge of tears, and she just looked back at him. She let go of his hand and hugged him. Everything came crashing down once he was shown the act of kindness. His tears overflowed, and he cried into her shoulder. She only stood there hugging him, letting everything that had happened that day process. 

People walked past the two trying to escape the rain, ignoring the fact two 9 year olds are standing outside in the rain this late at night. 

After a while when the boy had calmed, the girl guided him down the street, and sat them down on the bench. They were sitting outside a small coffee shop, and were protected by the rain there. They got as comfy as they could, and fell asleep. They rest, but when woken up they felt like they barely slept 10 minutes. 

They looked at what had woken up, but they weren't expecting a man sitting on the bench with them, sipping what they assumed was coffee. He just sat there, not looking towards the twins. They scooted as far away as the bench let them, trying to stay away from the man. He had a bag next to his foot, and a tray holding two smaller drinks. He sipped his drink again, before turning his head to the kids. 

The man had black messy hair that fell over his face, and a calm expression. His eyes were a creme white, and eye-bags. He looked at them for a second, before reaching into the bag, bringing out two smaller bags. 

"I noticed you two were alone, so I bought you donuts. Hope you like glazed. I also got some hot chocolate." 

They stared at him, not fully trusting if his intensions were good or not. But after a while they slowly reached for the food he offered. They ate as he continued to sip his coffee. After a while, the mans phone rang, he talked to whoever called him. Then hung up. 

"I have to go to work, but there's a jacket for each of you, along with a waterproof blanket. I don't know how long you two will stay out here, but please stay warm. See ya" 

With that said he turned around and left the bag.

. . . . . . 

The two walked hand in hand, looking for someplace to rest. They had left the bench after people started to crowd the street. 

Local hero's paid no mind to the kids walking around, alone. People passed them, giving them no more than a glance. The hero's would take care of them right? The people would guide them to the police station right? They were just two run-aways who would be home by tomorrow. Right? 

That's only some of the explanations the people have came up with to justify their reasons not to go help them. Even for the few who came to help them, ran away because the little blonde boy set off an explosion. It's not his fault they scared him, or they got too close for his liking. The girl just silently followed her brother, waiting for him to get frustrated with everything that happened. That's how it always worked. He would take the role of the leader for them, then when he got frustrated he would become destructive. It happened with their friend, it happened with each other, and it would happen eventually. 

The girl knew her brother just was too confident in what he did. He had too much pride to ask for help, if he couldn't do things himself, then he thought of himself as un-worthy. People who couldn't fend for themselves, or people who constantly needed help were weak, he needs to prove he wasn't one of them. 

They walked for another hour before she felt the light stinging of his quirk going off. He didn't mean for it to happen, but after hours of walking around and not being able to find so where for him and his sister to rest made him more frustrated by the minute. The girl peeled her hand away from her brother, making him look back in surprise. 

"Katsuki,  calm down, I'll guide the way for now" 

He looked down at the ground, feeling ashamed that he let him emotions over-flow. He hated that his sister knew him so well, even more than he did. She knew when he needed to take a break, or simply when he needed  to be shown affection. It pissed him off that she knew this simply by watching him for merely 2 seconds. 

"fine, but you better let me lead the way when it get's dark!" 

"Ok then, just relax" 

And with that said the two started walking to their new life. 

. . . . . .

Hi! This was my first chapter! Please vote, and thanks for checking out this book! I hope you have a good day, and if you need anyone to talk to, please feel free to dm me. If you want I'll give out my discord to chat. 

Remember, you are worthy of love, and food. Please never skip meals, stay hydrated, and give yourself a pat on the back for being you. 

💜I'll see you guys in the next chapter! 💜

-Rae