03

: *・゚:*:・゚* 3: Rooftop

"I think we should be friends,don't you?"

don't you?"

—: *・゚:*:・゚*:—

~The next day during lunch, the chocolate haired setter spent his time looking for a certain cheerleader. It was as if she had simply disappeared. His last choice to look was up on the roof even if no one was usually up there. When he opened the door, he found her sitting on the table that was there, legs crossed, scrolling through her phone.

"Finally! I've been looking for you everywhere!" He walked up to her and the girl looked up from her phone,

"Sorry? I just wanted to be alone for a bit. No ones comes up here so I did." She stated, looking back at her phone.

The boy sat next to her on the table. Although they've only just spoken 3 days ago, Oikawa had already grown to enjoy the cheer captains company, even if she still didn't like him. However, silent pauses between them never seemed to put his heart as ease.

"You know, if you're going to annoy me about it anyway, maybe now would be a good time to try and convince me about cheering for your team." She said, still not looking up from her phone

'Now?!' Oikawa thought. He didn't think she was going to give him an opportunity to give her reasons on why he thinks she should cheer for his team. Hell, he didn't even have a reason.

"Well, Im gonna be honest, I don't really have a good enough reason. We won the first time around but lost against Shiratorizawa. I just think that if we had you guys cheering for us, maybe everyone would feel more motivated playing and have our groove set."

He started going on about people they girl didn't know about. 'Tobio? Ushiwaka?', the girl thought. She had no clue what he was talking about but she had to admit, she did like the passion the boy had for volleyball and the love he had for his team.

"Please, I know we can use this chance to finally win against Shiratorizawa." His eyes were gleaming. The pretty captain only stared at him. She sighed,

"Maybe. I'll think about it." She stated.

Oikawa was stunned. He didn't think he would get that response. Although he experienced her rude side, Oikawa felt that the girl had begin to warm up to him. She wasn't as rude as before even if she barely said a few words to him.

"Hey, L/N," The girl looked at him,

"I think we should be friends, don't you?" He smiled.

Her eyes widened. Never did she imagine that Oikawa Tooru, the heart throb of Aoba Johsai, would be asking her to be friends. Even if she was as popular as him, it still shocked her.

"I dunno, why do you think we should?" she asked, looking at the setter

"I don't know. I really don't see a reason why we shouldn't be. Unless, you wanted to be more" He said, giving her a small smirk.

The girl laughed and the volleyball captain froze. Her laugh was soft yet so joyful at the same time. His heart skipped a beat and he stared at her lips for a split second before looking back at her beauty.

"Didnt I tell you I dont like you like, yesterday?" She said, returning a small smirk back at the boy.

"I still don't understand why so please, tell me." He whined.

"Your whole act. It bothers me. People, other than Hajime of course, may not see through you but I do. I'm not falling for it or you" She said, dropping her smirk.

He sighed, "Fine, fine. We'll hold off on being friends. I'll ask again later."  He got off the table to leave. "Also, how come you call Iwa-chan by his first name?"

She raised an eyebrow, "Does it matter?"

"You guys are exactly alike." He said while frowning.

"You know," He started and the girl looked up at him, "A second ago, when I got you to laugh, I thought I might go for a kiss."

Her eyes widened again,

"But, since I haven't grown on you yet, I'll wait." He smiled and walked away.

'He tries too hard', She thought while shaking her head.

—: *・゚:*:・゚*:—

—: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:—