Marcus's Move

The rest of that night went by fuzzy and blurred, and Zelda could only remember the chilly night air, Urbosa's gasp over the phone, and the warmth of the jacket over her shoulders.

"No...I can't like him...we're colleagues and we have a job to do..."

The blonde haired wedding planner tossed and turned in bed all night. Thinking about his smile, his laugh, the way he made her chest feel like a crumpled up piece of paper...

Her thoughts were soon interrupted by the ringing of her alarm. Zelda yawned and rubbed her tired eyes.

"Morning already?" She mumbled groggily to herself. "Thank Hylia it's my day off."

She hopped out of bed and trudged into the kitchen, immediately noticing Link's black jacket hung over one of the chairs.

"Oh...I forgot about that..."

Zelda took the jacket in her hands, the faint scent of cologne still hanging off of it.

She headed to her washroom, where she tossed it in the machine with some detergent, shutting the washer door with a sigh.

'ping!'

Urbosa.

"You doing okay? I just wanted to make sure you were after last night..."

Zelda felt kinda bad. After what had happened the night before, she'd almost instantly hung up on her friend and gone to call an Uber to take her home as soon as possible.

"I'm okay." She wrote back straightforwardly.

The little gray bubble with the dots popped up again. "So you're sure you like him? You're sure you're not just sick?" "Do I need to come over there?" She had typed.

Zelda giggled softly to herself. "No, I'm fine, trust me." "But now I have no idea what on earth I'm gonna do about this. I mean, we're doing a job! I have to focus my attention on the task at hand."

She heard the washing machine start up in the laundry room next to her.

"Give it time." "Things will get a lot better, trust me :)"

Zelda truly didn't know what she'd do without Urbosa. She'd been her shoulder to cry on through the good times and bad.

"Thank you ❤️." Zelda wrote back.

🌹🌹🌹

"Well Master Fletcher, I've done it. I've found out who killed Count Ignatius..." the detective in his tan colored trench coat said.

Zelda gripped the edge of her couch cushion in suspense, her other hand slowly reaching for her bowl of popcorn.

"Who was it that killed Count Ignatius? What is Lady Brinkley's secret? And will the detectives case be cracked? Or will the bloodthirsty murderer get away with his heinous crimes? Find out next week!" The show's host buzzed from the TV.

"Oh come on!" Zelda said, angrily shoving popcorn in her mouth. "We were getting to the best part-"

ping!

"I thought I told Urbosa everything was fine- wait...Marcus?" Zelda thought aloud.

Sure enough, it looked as if Marcus had sent her a text message. Zelda forgot she even had his number.

"Hey! Paris and I were arranging things at the venue and we think there's something wrong." "Sorry to bug you on your day off." He'd written.

Zelda stared blankly at her phone screen for a few seconds before she quickly snapped out of it and began to type back.