We Need To Talk

Link's Perspective:

Tuesday arrived.

Today was the day Link would confront Marcus about what he did to Zelda that day she spent at the vineyard. She'd gone and told him all about it over the phone.

Once Link had wrapped up doing his work at his desk, he quickly got up out of his chair. Mitzi, looked up from her computer.

"Finished already?" She asked. Link nodded vaguely.

"Are you doing okay? You seem a little off." Mitzi said rather worriedly.

She was one to confront other's feelings head on. Link felt, admittedly, unsure about what he was planning on doing. He wasn't scared, but he wasn't sure what he felt. He gave Mitzi a small smile.

"I'm doing good." He told her. "I have to go to the tailor's place to fit my client's suit for him.

Mitzi nodded, getting the message.

"Gotcha, have fun!" She called as she watched him walk out the door.

Although it was spring, it was still pretty rainy, and the winds that blew by him were cold. The cars outside drove through large puddles of water, splashing the rain every which way.

A breeze blew by, chilling his bones. He let out a shiver, then a sneeze.

"But Link! You're gonna catch a cold!" Zelda's words rang in his head.

He chuckled. Wrapping his black jacket around himself.

🌹🌹🌹
Link's car pulled up in front of the tailor's shop.

Grabbing his umbrella from the glove compartment, he stepped out into the pouring rain.

As soon as he got into the store, he noticed Marcus standing around, waiting. His electric blue eyes were glued to his phone.

"Hey there." Link called, trying to maintain his friendly composure.

Upon hearing his voice, Marcus looked up from his phone, a shiny white smile appeared on his face. "Glad to see you're here." He said.

"Ready to get your suit fitted?" Link asked. Marcus nodded in response.

The pair walked over to the front desk, where they inquired to the woman that sat there about Marcus's suit.

"For a wedding?" The woman asked, a sudden happiness appearing in her tone. "Congratulations sir!"

Marcus nodded. "Thanks ma'am."

"You'll find the changing rooms over there, anything else you need, you let me know!" She chirped.

Marcus grabbed his suit off the rack they'd wheeled it out on, and he went to the changing rooms.

Link waited for him on the couch. His mind racing.

What am I supposed to say to him? "Hey guess what, I heard you got handsy with my colleague on Friday, that wasn't cool"?

He scrolled down to Zelda's contact on his phone, he contemplated texting her.

"Hey." He typed in the text box. But nothing came back. No indication that she'd read his text, it was stuck on "delivered".