One Final Dance

"Hey there, you." Zelda said, smiling at him. Her heart pounded wildly in her chest.

Link waved back, setting down the box he had carried in.

"What a wedding, I can't believe we did it." He said, sighing, wiping imaginary sweat from his forehead.

Zelda nodded, picking up a centerpiece to put away. "For sure. Paris told me goodbye on the way out." She said.

"Really? Interesting." Link said, picking up a centerpiece for himself. "Besides the centerpieces, what else do we have to put away?" He asked.

Zelda furrowed her brow in thought. "Um...let me see." "Centerpieces and some tablecloths, and-"

"Wait, hold on, did the DJ just leave his booth unattended?" Link interrupted her.

"Hm?"

"The booth, I think he might've left in on." Link said, pointing to the DJ's booth in the corner of the ballroom.

Zelda shrugged. "I think he's still here, but I don't know where he is." "Maybe he's in the bathroom or- what are you doing?"

Link made his way over to the booth, he stood behind it, admiring all the buttons, panels and switches

"Link, what are you doing?" Zelda repeated.

"Oh, nothing." He said, a cheeky smile spreading across his face.

"You better not be touching anything." Zelda warned him, although she could tell he wasn't listening.

"Hmm...I wonder what this does." Link said, pushing a button.

"Link!" Zelda said, putting down her centerpiece and making her way over to him. "Don't be touching anything you're not supposed to be touching!"

Link smirked again and pressed something else.

"Link, I swear to-" Zelda began again, but she was soon cut off by the sound of music that had begun playing.

"Did...you do that?" Zelda asked.

Link shrugged. "I guess I did." He said, looking up at her. "Wasn't this the song Paris and Marcus danced to?"

Zelda crossed her arms, sighing. "I really think you should turn it off." She said.

Link couldn't help but chuckle. "Oh come on." He began. "Can't we just leave it on for this one song? I'll shut it off after it's over."

Zelda rolled her eyes. "Fine, but if we get in trouble, then it's your fault." She said.

Link nodded his thanks, stepping out from behind the booth and heading over to one of the nearby chairs, sitting down.

"Nice song, eh?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's...nice." Zelda said. Her heart began thudding again. It was just him and her, alone, in a ballroom with music playing.

Maybe now's a good time? Zelda thought to herself.

We are alone...

There's no one else here, I might as well just get it over with.

"Hey Zelda?" Link began again, interrupting her thoughts.

"What is it?" She asked.

Link smiled, his typical charismatic smile, got up from his chair, and slowly walked over to her.

He extended his hand.

"May I have this dance?" He asked, bowing like some sort of knight.

Zelda hadn't expected it, and jumped back a little.