Giver Of Second Chances

It was Wednesday. A day off.

Zelda decided she wouldn't be a pushover about this.

She was gonna tell Paris what Marcus had done to her.

She full well deserved to know.

The wedding planner slipped her phone out from her pocket and scrolled to the bride-to-be's contact.

"Hey!" Zelda texted Paris.

"I was wondering if maybe you wanted to grab lunch with me today? If you aren't busy, that is 😊"

It didn't take long for her client to respond.

"Sounds fun!" Paris wrote. "Where at?"

"How about that new cafe on 'Dueling Peaks' street at 2 PM? I heard they've got new menu items."

Zelda's chest was in a whirl.

"Ooo! Love that place." "I'll see ya' there, girl! 💕" Paris finished.

Zelda shut off her phone and took in a deep breath, not really wanting to believe what she was going to confess.

She felt like texting Urbosa, but decided against it. As if she'd wanna hear about her problems for the millionth time.

She rummaged through her closet to try and find something to wear, and ended up pulling out a light blue sun dress.

She looked at herself in the bathroom mirror.

"Ah yes, because telling her her fiancé made a move on me in a cute outfit will make her any less upset." Zelda said sarcastically to herself.

Her vocal chords tightened. There was no turning back now. She grabbed her purse and headed out the door.

🌹🌹🌹

"Zelda! There you are!" Paris called. She was standing outside the cafe's entrance.

Zelda stepped out of her car and waved back.

"Well, let's go in, shall we?" Zelda said as soon as she met up with her on the sidewalk. The wedding planner's chest was still swirling with emotions.

Paris nodded, and the two walked in, the smell of food hitting them instantly.

The café had rustic décor with white curtains, and little yellow flowers sat at the center of each table.

The hostess showed them to a nice place in the corner by the window.

"Alright, you two. Enjoy your stay with us. I'll be back with some menus, momentarily!" she said, and with that, turned to go seat some more guests.

"Thank you!" Paris called after her, as she and Zelda sat down at their table.

🌹🌹🌹

After a couple minutes had passed by, the hostess had given them their menus. The two friends looked over them in gentle silence, until Paris spoke up.

"Gee, you were right." "The menu sure does look good." Paris said, her blue eyes gliding across it. Zelda couldn't help but giggle to herself over her enthusiasm.

"Yeah, totally. "She replied solemnly.

"I got a text from Marcus last night...he said he wanted to take me out to the city park tomorrow night to see the fireworks show! He's so sweet. And he said you and Link were coming too!" Paris explained after she'd put her menu down.