𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 4

Fandral and Odin inspected the damage to the palace where a man named Malekith crashed his ship

"We are still unable to restore the palace shields. Our artillery cannot detect them, even Heimdall cannot see them. My King, we are all but defenseless." Fandral said.

Thor and Tera approached them. "She's your prisoner now?" Tera was really hoping she was. "Leave now." Thor said to Fandral, Volstagg, and the guards. They all left, leaving Thor, Tera and Odin.

"I do not wish to fight with you." Odin told them.

"Nor I with you, but I intend to pursue Malekith." Thor said.

"Me too." Tera said.

"No. You are staying here. I don't need you to get hurt." Thor said.

"We possess the Aether, Malekith will come to us." Odin said.

"Yes, and you will destroy us." Thor told him.

"You overestimate the power of these creatures." Odin told them.

"No, I value our peoples lives. I'll take Jane to the Dark World and draw the enemy away from Asgard. When Malekith pulls the Aether from Jane it will be exposed vulnerable, and I will destroy it and him." Thor explained his plan.

"Yeah and we'll kick some alien ass again!" Tera said., excitedly.

"No. I'm gonna kick some alien ass. You're gonna stay here."

"If you fail, you risk this weapon falling into the hands of our enemies." Odin said.

"He won't fail if I'm there."

"The risk is far greater if we do nothing. His ship could be over our heads right now and we'd never even know it." Thor said.

Tera felt like no one was listening to her.

"If and when he comes, his men will fall by ten thousand Asgardian blades."

"And how of our men shall fall on theirs?"

"As many as are needed!" Odin paused for a moment. "We will fight! Until the last Asgardian breath, the last drop of Asgardian blood."

"Would you just listen to me?"

"And how are you different from Malekith?" Thor asked. Odin chuckled.

"The difference, my son, is that I will win."

"No. You won't. Please listen to be. If we-"

"No. It's just me."

"No. It won't be you. It won't be anyone."