𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 13

Beautiful, undisturbed nature. Tera heard waves close by.

Loki landed on the ground, the portal closed behind him. "Father?" Thor looked around. A lone figure stood at the other side of the meadow at the cliff's edge, waves could be heard crashing below.

It was Odin. He was dressed plainly in human clothes. The three approached him quickly. "Look at this place. It's beautiful." Odin said.

"Father, it's us." Thor told him.

"My children. I've been waiting for you." Odin said. Loki looked surprised to hear Odin call him his child.

" I know. We've come to take you home." Tera said.

"Home, yes. Your mother, she call me. Do you hear it?"

Thor fired a look at Loki, who held up his hands in defense." Loki, lift your magic." Thor said. Odin turned to Loki, who stiffened but Odin smiled.

"Took me quite a while to break free from your spell. Frigga would have been proud." Odin smiled. Loki was moved by the gesture. He looked to see Tera, who smiled at him, and Thor who angrily stared at him. Odin placed his hand on Tera's shoulder to comfort her. "Come and sit with me. I don't have much time." Odin sat, out of breath, weak. The three sat beside him.

"I know that we failed you, but we can make this right." Thor said.

"I failed you. It is upon us...Ragnarok."

"No, I've stopped Ragnarok. I put an end to Surtur." Tera joined in.

"No. It has already begun. She's coming. My life was all that held her back, but my time has come. I cannot keep her away any longer."

"Father, who are you talking about?" Thor asked.

"The Goddess of Death. Hela. My first born." He then faced Thor. "Your sister." That hit Tera hard. She ahd an aunt. Another girl she could get along with.

"...what?" Thor asked.

" Her violent appetites grew beyond my control. I couldn't stop her, so I imprisoned her. Locked her away. She draws her strength from Asgard...and once she gets there, her powers will be limitless." Odin explained.

"So she isn't a nice aunt I've always wanted?" Tera questioned.

"No. She is the opposite. She's a nightmare." Odin replied.

"Whatever she is, we can stop her. We can face her together." Thor said.

Odin took Thor's hand. " No we won't. I'm on a different path now. This you must face alone." Odin looked into Thor's eyes, struggling to breathe. "I love you, my children." For the briefest instance, the father and children shared a quiet moment together. Tears welled in Tera's eyes. "Look at that." Ethereal sun rays streamed down upon the ocean. "Remember this place. Home." A warm glow washed over Tera's face as she turned to see that Odin was dissipated into star dust.

The all father has fallen.

The three separately mourned for him.

The sky above darkened and the wind picked up.

Tera turned to Loki, his eyes burned with rage. He took a step back. "Brother." Thor faced Loki. Electricity cackled in Thor's hands.

"This was your doing." Thor said. Tera was ready to stop her father when, suddenly, behind them a black portal split open.

Thor slammed down his umbrella, transforming into his Asgardian armor and Loki and Tera did the same.

A piercing scream cut the air as a figure was hurled out of the portal, crashing into the dimensional rift. "So he's gone?" She asked. "That's a shame. I would've liked to have seen that." There was a tense moment as they stared each other down.

"You must be Hela. I'm Thor, son of Odin." Thor introduced.

" Really, you don't look like him." She said.

"Perhaps we can reach an arrangement." Loki offered. Tera wanted to add something but Loki grabbed her arm, as if to say not to say anything.

"You sound like him." Hela said. Loki shifted nervously and tightened his grip on her arm, while Thor tightened Mjolnir. "Kneel!" She demanded.

"Ma'am what?" Tera questioned as Loki asked, "I beg your pardon?"

Hela manifested a pitch black blade. "Kneel...before your Queen."

"No thanks." Tera said. Thor winded up and hurled Mjolnir at Hela.

The mighty hammer came to a cold stop against Hela's hand.

Tera was shocked. She stretched her hand out, trying to call Mjolnir to her.

The hammer trembled in Hela's hand, like a mini game of tug-of-war. But ultimately Hela kept possession.

"It's not possible." Tera mumbled.

"Sweetheart, you have no idea what's possible." Hela retorted.

She then shattered Thor's hammer.

The blast of Mjolnir's destruction sent a wave of energy through Thor, Tera, and Loki who braced themselves against the impact. Tera was stupefied. She looked up to see Hela running her hands back over her head to create this terrifying battle headdress.

Loki's reaction was more panic. He stood up. "Bring us back!" He called to the sky.

"NO!" Tera and Thor screamed. Hela charged at Thor, Tera, and Loki as the bi-frost enveloped all of them.

The three looked down to see Hela in the bi-frost with them. Loki turned and threw two daggers at her, but missed. Hela caught up and plowed right through Tera, who hit Loki, knocking both out of the bi-frost.

Suddenly, everything went black.

A/n: Holy crap this chapter was crazy