𝗝𝗔𝗖𝗞 𝗗𝗨𝗙𝗙

»»----- ✼ -----««

I pace back and forth, my mind swirling with panicked thoughts. I have a speech to give at school but I don't ever draw attention to myself, I don't like the spotlight where people judge you, knowingly or unknowingly.

The door bursts open, my boyfriend shuts the door behind him rushing towards me. He envelopes me in a hug, holding me tight. "Jack, I'm scared" I whisper, "I know baby, I know" he whispers back kissing my hair.

He pulls back looking into my eyes, "I know it's hard, baby I know. I know how hard it is to stand in front of a crowd and try to give your best, I know that your nerves are screaming at you to stay inside and watch TV or read a book and listen to music."

I wrap my arms around his waist, resting my head on his chest listening to his heartbeat. He carefully sits us both on the floor against the wall, "I'm nervous, I don't even know why. I just know I don't want to stand in front of those people feeling like I'm destined to fail, this isn't me Jack, I don't want to do this."

Jack stays quiet listening to what I have to say, "Babygirl, if you don't do this now, will you ever do it?" I stay quiet and he continues knowing the answer to his question "I can't be there with you but I can promise you that by this time tomorrow you won't be thinking about the speech you had to give, we'll be together and I'll hold you like I'll never let you go."

I think about what he just said, by this time tomorrow I'll be home with Jack and the speech would be far behind me. "Princess, I'll be right there in the crowd, front row. I know you can do this, if you ever get nervous or scared keep your eyes on me okay?"

"Okay" I whisper, I pull my head away from his chest "I love you Jack, I don't know what I'd do without you." He smiles "I love you more princess." He leans down to capture my lips with his. He kisses me gently before pulling away "you have to give your speech in 2 minutes," he stands up pulling me with him.

He walks me to the curtain that opens in less than a minute, he makes his way to the seats for the audience. Just before he turns the corner to the hall, he looks back at me mouthing 'I love you', I complete the sentence we say to each other 'and love conquers all'.

Love conquers all was our 'always'

He smiles going to take his seat in the hall, I take a deep breath as the curtain parts and I'm faced with my schoolmates and parents, I step forward noticing the amount of people in the hall, I start to panic, immediately looking for Jack, our eyes meeting and he smiles letting me know he's right there.

I start my speech 'The scramble for power has made us...."

**

After the nerve racking minutes I finish my speech, the crowd claps and I walk off the stage, releasing a breath of relief. I'm suddenly lifted up and spun around, it happens so suddenly that I scream. The person puts me down and I get a look at them, recognizing the twinkling green eyes staring at me "JACK RICHARD DANIEL DUFF, ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?" He laughs at my reaction "I'm proud of you though, you have to admit you did it better than you expected", "yeah, yeah" I smile.

He wraps his arms around me "thank you for being there for me" I whisper, "If I can't be there for you, who will? I love you, angel, so much."

"I love you too Jack."

**

I wrote this when I was panicking about a speech I had to give on this thing we do in my school called cultural day, it's where everyone dresses as their culture and we celebrate our country and there's usually activities like plays for parents to watch and stuff.

I'm currently in Mr. Jack Duff's lane so excuse the amount of sappiness in this chapter, it was going to be Andy but I couldn't decide between the Andy and Jack so I made my brother choose and here we are.

If anyone is as introverted as me then you understand how nerve racking it to stand in front of people and talk to them.

EDIT: Also I did the speech and it felt amazing, it wasn't as hard as I was making it out to be.