Chapter 6 - Fall out

While Yibo was having a heart to heart with his brother, in the house next door Zhan had gone back to his room to rest. He was over the moon about how the day went. It has been a while since that Zhan have been so happy and excited after a day out with Yibo.

Zhan couldn't believe that Yibo did not reject him about holding hands on the way to the car. The day went totally different from how he imagined it was going to go. Opposite from Yibo, Zhan had started to realise that he was seen Yibo not only as his best friend but as something more. Even though he was younger than Yibo he had done some research about his feelings.

When he started to be confused about some of it he decided to look up on the internet to see if anyone else has ever felt the same way as him. The only problem Zhan found was that people would call themselves homosexuals when you like another person of the same sex. It was not easy to gather the information. There was't much around. He was in a country where homosexuality was not accepted with open arms so not many people would come out of the closet as they put it.

But he could not help himself when he was feeling so bad every time something would happen around Yibo. Plus how would his best friend except it if he found out. This was one of the things that was bothering him. He did not realise that his sister had walked in and was trying to get his attention.

Yanli: "Zhan... hello baby brother... You there?" Yanli had a smile on her face. She had come to speak with her little brother about his day but was not expecting to find Zhan in his own little world.

Zhan: "Oh jie... Yeah I'm here." He was embarrassed.

Yanli: "May I ask what caused my little brother to be this happy today? Did you have fun?"

Zhan: "It was awesome. We had so much fun. I missed going out with Bo-di." Zhan could not help himself from smiling. "Jie can I ask you some questions?"

Yanli: "Sure Zhan. You know you can count on me for anything. What does my little brother need help with?"

Zhan: "What do you do when you are in love with someone but you are not sure how that person feels?" Yanli was shocked. He did not expect Zhan to come out with it.

Yanli: "Oh my god Zhan. You are in love with someone?" Yanli was hoping that Zhan would say Yibo but she was not so sure. It would come as a shock if he had said someone else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Flashback to a few years ago ~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few days after the fall out between Yibo and Zhan, Yanli had asked Haikuan for some help. She couldn't stand still and wait looking at her little brother been so heartbroken over his friendship with Yibo. She knew that Zhan needed her help to get back into how both of them were. Zhan was too depressed over the situation and it was breaking her heart.

Haikuan: "Yanli, what a surprise."

Yanli: "Hi Haikuan. Sorry for coming without warning. I was hoping I could talk to you? Is that ok?" Yanli had gone to the Wang's house to ask some advice from Yibo's older brother.

Haikuan: " Of course, what can I help you with?" Haikuan always seen Yanli as a little sister he never had. She was the only girl in the group and Haikuan always knew that she was quite clever for her age.

Yanli: "I can't stand staying still and watch both Zhan and Yibo been apart. They were always together and happy and now... All Zhan does most days is cry at night. The tries to hide from us but I can see it. He is suffering. All this situation about this wedding is breaking his heart."