Chapter 15 - Hard to reach

Three days has passed, three long days without any word. This is how Yibo found himself. Trying to give space Yibo decided that it was now time to go and speak with Zhan's parents. Yibo had send many messages and done many phone calls to Zhan without success. Now he knew something must be really wrong. Why is that? No it wasn't for the fact that Zhan had not said anything it was the fact that now the phone calls would not even go through and the messages were not reach at all. Yibo could not take it anymore. He needed to see Zhan, to kiss him, to tell him that everything will be ok.

It did not matter if his mother and father were crossed. He wanted to prove to Zhan's parents that their love was real and that they were destined to be together. So he got up, went to the bathroom to do his morning routine and went downstairs. Since that tragic day Yibo's parents stayed at home trying to figure out what to do. They had to cancel so many things. The wedding was supposed to happen next week and now... So to the displeasure of Yibo, his mother was sat at the dinning room table having her morning tea.

Yibo mother: "Finally you decide to grown up and leave that dam room?!"

Yibo: "There is nothing wrong with me being in my room. But don't worry I'm on my way out anyway." Yibo looked at his mother with a smirk. He knew she would be beyond pissed if only she knew where he was going.

Yibo mother: "And where do you think you are going?" Yibo just keep smirking. Does she really think that she deserves to ask me that after all she done so far?

Yibo: "As far as I know mother, I'm an adult and do not have to give you any information about my whereabouts or what I do."

Yibo's mother stood up and slammed her hands on the table. "How dare you being disrespectful again. You are in my house and you go by my rules. Everything you do here, you will have to answer to me."

Yibo laughed. He could not help himself. Is she for real? "Dear mother. If the problem is me being in this house don't worry too much. I have already sorted myself and will give you the pleasure of having the whole house for yourself. You don't need to worry."

Yifei was beyond pissed by now. 'What did he mean that I will have the whole house to myself? Where does he think he is going without finishing college and without any money?' "Yibo what do ..." She did not manage to finish talking when Yibo started walking towards the door. "Yibo come back here! I have not finish talking.... Yibo... Yibo" He slammed the door behind.

There was no way for him to stay and argue with her. She would not see his point plus he did not want to give her the satisfaction about his whereabouts. The less she knows the better in his opinion. After his talk with his big brother, Haikuan managed to find a small apartment that Yibo would be able to afford and move in quite quick. He hoped to move out as fast as possible, so even thought the place was not what he was used to it would be a great start. Now Yibo needed to look for a place where he could start his business. He did not want to take over the Wangs company together with his brother. Something was telling him that Yifei had too many contacts and dodgy things were happening. So Haikuan planned to stay where he was. That way he could see what was going on and keep Yibo updated while still helping his younger brother.

Yibo's worries were shifted now to go and speak with Zhan's family and he was hoping that they would be kind enough to let him speak with Zhan or at least see him. He was missing him so much. It has been the hardest days for him. Since getting together they never spend more than a day apart from each other. Even then they would communicate at the end of the day not even if it was just to say goodnight.

He would usually take his car when he would come to Zhan's house. Even thought the mansions were not so far apart from each other it was still a bit of a walk since the properties were quite big. With a fast pace Yibo arrived at the gate of the Xiao's mansion. He was approached by the gate keeper which Yibo thought it was weird. He knew the person and every time he came to visit Zhan he would not even need to say anything. They would open the gate the moment they saw him but this time was different.