Chapter 19 - One step Closer

After spending 4 days in Korea speaking with Zhan and finally spending quality time with Yanli, Cao is now back in China. He knocks at the door of Haikuan's office. Once he is let in he sats in front of Haikuan. As expected Haikuan is more than happy to see what his friend has to say to him.

Haikuan: "Good morning. It seems like this 4 days done you good. How was things?" Haikuan could see how happy and relaxed Cao looked. Totally different from his usual tired and stressed attitude.

Cao: "Good morning to you too. Yeah, who would say that taking some days away from work and you guys would be heaven?" Cao really was enjoying seeing the face Haikuan pulled as soon as he said it.

Haikuan: "Yeah, yeah... We miss you too. Thanks for letting me know that it is nice to take a break every once in a while. Been a long time since I been away from this office for more than 2 days. Anyway we are not here to talk about holidays. Tell me how did things gone in Korea? What did you found out?" Haikuan needed to know as soon as possible.

Cao: "Dam man, i barely sat and you already asking me all this questions? Gosh. Any way, things gone as expected. The night I got there I end up meeting up with Zhan at his apartment. Since that Yanli has already briefed me about what Zhan knew it was easy to find out all I needed. Zhan was surprised to see me and he was happy."

Haikuan: "So he is in fact ok then? Did you spoke with him about Yibo?" Haikuan could not hold himself. He was so excited to finally end the search for his brother's lover.

Cao: "Of course. We sat down, Zhan, me and his friends and slowly we explain the situation to him. Zhan was not aware of the lies that his parents been telling him over the years. He really believed that Yibo was married and working with you. Since coming to Korea he was depressed and missed Yibo so when his parents told him that Yibo was married that broke him. He tried to commit suicide."

Haikuan hearing about it jump up from his chair. "HE WHAT?" Cao had to use all his calm voice to manage to calm him back down.

Cao: "Dude. He is fine now. He was broken and hearing from his own parents that Yibo is in fact married to someone else so soon after they been pulled apart just broke him to pieces. Luckily Yanli managed to find him in time and he was safe but he end up in coma for a while before he could recuperate."

Haikuan could not believe what he was hearing. Now walking from one side of room to the other. "Why would he believe the story? It is so unreal. Surely he should have seen that something was not right?" Cao could understand where his friend was coming from but at the same time he understood Zhan side too.

Cao: "Of course he would believe. Zhan was young adult, been taken to another country where he did not know anyone, away from his lover and with no way to communicate with him plus it was his parents telling him and not Yifei. If it was her I'm sure that he would have thought that something was amiss but his own parents? He loves them and other than them moving him away they never gave him any reason to doubt them. We can not forget that he was depressed. So your mind plays tricks and you can not see the reality right in front of you."

Haikuan stopped and look at his friend. He knew that he was right. "I guess so. Our minds can play tricks on us all the time when we are stressed let alone when we are depressed."

Cao: "Anyway it doesn't matter now. He is fine now. That is all in the past. What matters now is how Zhan is going to take things and if he is willing to be with Yibo."

Haikuan finally sat down but gave his friend a questionable look. "What do you mean? Zhan doesn't want to see Yibo? I thought you said that you spoken with him and he was missing him, so how come? What is going on?"