12

Saturday, 21 November 2015

[POV MILES]

The remaining days of the week passed quickly. With Alex the sexual tension we built up during the day, we released at night through a phone call. His dad had been in the office with him, so I hadn't dared to even sneak a peek at him. At the end of my double-shift workday, I would rehearse with the boys until the evening. I would return to my flat completely exhausted, the only thing making it easy was the glory of masturbating before bed to the words and pictures sent by Alex.

Finally, the day had come. The thought of going to a recital always filled me with adrenaline, but that evening, I was on cloud nine. It was officially our first date and I couldn't wait to find out what Alexander Turner was like when it was just us.

The Neighbourhood were playing at 10pm at the <02 Academy Brixton>.

Alex lived close to the venue and although my main intention was to meet at his place, he refused, demanding to pick me up two hours before the big event.

I was nervous and tried several outfits until I decided on a t-shirt with a "Scarface" print, a red leather jacket, a pair of black jeans and boots in the same colour. When I was ready, I drank half a beer and smoked a cigarette. I looked at myself in the mirror several times. I checked for the thousandth time to make sure I had the tickets, money and condoms in my wallet. As I was about to finish what was left of my drink, the doorbell rang. It was Alex. I told him I would be down soon.

I looked in the mirror again, checked my wallet and grabbed my keys. I lived on the first floor and rarely used the lift. I took the stairs, my heart racing. When I got out, a black Cadillac CTS was waiting for me. I opened the passenger door to find Alex leaning against the seat. He greeted me with a smile. For my part I walked over to him and grabbed him by the neck and kissed him. Alex reciprocated by gently cupping my face. When we parted I settled into the seat and fastened my seatbelt.

"How was your friend's birthday?" I asked as Alex started the car.

"Fine! Being a family gathering it was pretty quiet...at night when the boys go out partying it will probably get out of hand."

"How did they take it that you're not going?"

"They didn't take it badly, but for them was weird ... I'm not usually absent at such events and they wanted to know what the reason was."

"What did you tell them?"

"That I had a date" he replied, taking his attention off the street to look at me.

"If they knew with whom..." I added smiling.

He smiled and turned his eyes back to the road.

The ride was accompanied by a playlist of indie music. The traffic was relatively light. At one of the red lights, Alex stole a kiss from me. Then he reached for my hand and intertwined it with his. It felt good, his body heat mingling with mine. It didn't take us long to get to the Academy area. Alex decided to park the car in a car park a few blocks away. As I got out of the car, I could see his outfit; he was wearing a blue and white striped t-shirt with dark blue jeans, a black leather jacket and boots to match. His hair was "James Dean" style.

It occurred to me that his beauty was unforgivable and the bastard knew it.

I felt lucky when he reached for my hand as we walked to the long line of people waiting to get in. To kill time, we shared a cigarette. I was surprised when he came up to me and grabbed me by the waist to hug me. I liked his attitude because I didn't think he could be that affectionate. When we finished the cigarette, the line started to move. Once inside we got as close as we could to the stage. The hall was packed and the heat was on. We took off our jackets and tied them around our waists.