22

Monday, 04 January 2016

[POV MILES]

I arrived at the office earlier than usual. Lexa informed me that Alex was meeting with architects on another floor.

"If you're up for it I'll tell you which one..." she suggests, "...you look disappointed is everything alright, Mi?"

"Yes, it's just that I have a gift and I can't wait... won't he get mad?"

She grimaced, unsure of what her boss's reaction would be like until by the gleam in her eye she resolved to rummage through the envelopes on the pile on her desk and extend one to me.

"This is your excuse, seventh floor."

"You're incredible, thank you sweetheart!"

I stepped into the lift and settled for watching the countdown. When the doors opened, I found that the reception was straight ahead, it wasn't like Alex's floor. An attractive young man greeted me.

"Good morning, how can I help you?"

"I need to deliver this envelope to Mr. Turner."

"Perfect, you can put it in this tray, thank you!" he declared pointing to a small basket on the left side of the desk.

"I'm sorry, but I have to deliver it to him personally."

Alex had told me that the company had new kids doing their internship. Handling them would be a simple task. He looked at me and I caught his hesitation to let me in or turn me down again.

"Look mate, I gotta get his signature and run back or I'll get in real trouble, you understand," I demanded, leaning on the desk.

The glass that divided the reception from the offices was tinted, that didn't allow me to see where my chestnut was. The receptionist, not very convinced, let me pass.

On entering I found a large open space filled with modern cubicles and in the centre of the office a large group of men gathered with their backs to me. It didn't take me long to recognise him. I would recognise his posture, his neck and especially that arse in any crowd.

He had taken off his blazer revealing his neat white shirt. His tailored dress trousers from an Italian brand hugged his forbidden apple to perfection. I walked up to him, cleared my throat and exclaimed "Mr. Turner". I was intimidated by the looks on the faces of the men present as they also turned and looked at me. Noticing their stares in surprise, I was relieved that it wasn't a bothered one. He put his hands in the front pockets of his trousers and replied "Mr. Kane". I stifled my smile, yes that exposure would bother him.

"I have a delivery for you. If I could have a few seconds of your time, I would need you to sign some papers."

"Of course..." he turned his gaze back to the men in suits, allowing me to make out that they were standing around a large table with plans and models "... Gentlemen, if you will excuse me for a moment.... Continue marking out the land and locating the orchards, I'll be right back!"

Each of them nodded at the order given. He with a slight shake of his head indicated to me to follow him. I noticed how some of the women at the desks, with long legs and perfect complexions, looked at me as if I were a piece of tasty meat. Others of them directed their gazes at the heir's backside. Understandable. I used to get lost in that blessed arse too.

We arrived at an office that was occupied by a boy who looked terrified when he saw Alex enter.

"Leave us for a moment."