nineteen

hiiii!! we reached 4k reads aaaaaa tysm!! <333

"Do we really need to go to Roppongi to shop? There are a lot of shops and malls here in Shibuya too!", Hana whined. Emma and Mitsuya lazily stared at her as she continued to grimace at the thought that she needed to go to Roppongi.

It has been a week since their last encounter. Though it was stupid, Hana did want to see him. But she didn't want to let Mitsuya know because she didn't want to get yelled at. Just imagining another scolding session with Mitsuya sent chills down her spine. 

Mitsuya continued to stare at the whining girl in front of him. Though Roppongi did have better stores, he also chose that location because he wanted to let Hana see for herself how Rindou acts in their territory. Those brothers were practically celebrities in Roppongi, so they acted like they owned the place. Ordering men around, harassing women on the street, terrorizing children and citizens; this was everyday life for the Haitani brothers. And Mitsuya wanted Hana to see that firsthand. 

"Roppongi has all the good stores so we don't really have that much of a choice. Besides! You said you knew a great sushi place so let's go check it out!", Emma persuaded, making Hana's eyes gleam. Mitsuya laughed to himself as he got the facts straight. "Hana's still a child. She is, and always will be", he thought, knowing that she always needs someone to look out for her. Hana had a big heart; always looking out for everyone and taking care of other people's needs before hers. So Mitsuya decided that he'll be the one to look out for her.

"We have a week to prepare so let's go tomorrow", Mitsuya suggested. "Sushi~ sushi~", Hana chanted as they walked out of the classroom. Mitsuya gave her a bonk. "What was that for?!", she yelled, caressing her head. Mitsuya gave a soft chuckle. "A child indeed", he exhaled.

"Screw them", Hana cursed under her breath as she tried to call Emma and Mitsuya on her phone. "They weren't clear on the meeting place! I'm seriously killing them when we meet", she mumbled in gritted teeth.

She wiped the sweat on her face as she continued to roam around the busy streets of Roppongi. It was only 10 AM and yet the sun was high in the sky and was practically melting her, the pre-winter breeze and busy crowds not doing her any justice. "I need to cool off in a place with not much people", she thought. She let her feet take over until they brought her in front of a worn-out warehouse. 

"Yeesh. Sketchy", she muttered as she was about to walk away. But the mention of her gang from a distance stopped her.

"I've told you before Rindou, quit it with that girl from Shibuya. If Toman finds out, I ain't helping you with your shit."

Hana covered her mouth to avoid making noise as she crouched down, hiding behind thick bushes. She was puzzled, thinking of whom the familiar voice might belong to. "Rindou?", she wondered. Then it hit her. It's Ran. And judging from their topic, she knew he was talking to Rindou about her.

"I already told you, brother. She's nothing but a past-time, stop fussing over shit."

Her eyes grew big as her hands trembled. Without hesitation, she stood up and quickly left. With a hand gripping her chest, she tried her best to calm down as her breathing began to falter. Why? Was she really just a past-time? Was everything one-sided? Hana shook her head as she refused to believe everything. It can't be.

"Hey--"

It felt as if her heart dropped. For a moment, it felt as if air ceased to exist. Everything around them seemed like it was going in double speed. Like it was only her who was stuck in the moment. That excruciatingly painful moment.

Scared, she slowly turned her head, and then their eyes met. His eyes were very calming to look at. To her, his eyes were something that you could stare at and all your worries would magically disappear. His touch was something that could make you feel safer than anything else did. His kiss was something that could melt all your problems away. To her, he was a safe-zone, a comfort space, a sweet escape. But was he really?

"What are you doing here in my territory?", he asked, but she still couldn't fathom the words that escaped his lips back in the warehouse. He looked fairly surprised when Hana slowly removed his hand from hers. Her heart throbbed, but she gave a smile. "I have errands to run with a few friends. Bye~", she called out as she waved goodbye.

"Maybe this Roppongi trip was not so bad after all", she trailed as she allowed herself to  be vulnerable. Her tears gracefully cascaded down her bare face as she crouched down on a random, empty street corner. She gently lifted her gaze when she felt the presence of another beside her.

"Did you see what you needed to see?", Mitsuya asked as he handed Hana his handkerchief. She covered her face with the handkerchief as she leaned her head on his shoulder, continuing to vent her suppressed cries.

She did. But that was not enough to stop her. Though it hurts, she wanted to play blind and continue. She wanted to know where this façade would bring them. She wanted to cherish the remaining time she had with him until he runs tired. She didn't want to lose him yet. He still had a purpose to her. He was helping her cope. And she didn't want to lose someone in the middle of this mess. She can't lose him.

She exhaled a tired chuckle as she found it somewhat humorous; how come the person who's the hardest to lose is someone who was never yours in the first place?