twenty-four

"Where the hell are we going? And do I really have to go?", Rindou whined as he watched his brother brush his long, bi-colored hair. "Quit whining like a little kid. This is going to be fun!", Hanma yelled as he placed his arm over Rindou's shoulder. Rindou clicked his tongue as he pushed Hanma away. "Fine." He gave in, rolling his eyes as he entered his room to change clothes.

He rolled his eyes for the umpteenth time has he fumbled around his closet to look for decent clothes to wear. He sighed as he felt frustration pile up on him. Another week. She disappeared just like that. He tried to go to her school a few times, tried going to their house, tried going to the sushi shop; still no sign of her. He didn't have any evidence but he felt as though she was trying to avoid him. It's either that, or the world wasn't falling in Rindou's favor.

"Looking fine there, Rin!", Hanma teased as Rindou walked out of his room. He wore a jacket and jogger pants that had the same color palette. Under the jacket he wore a white shirt, paired with white Nike shoes. To avoid conflict, he wore a white cap that seemed like the cherry on top.

Rindou rolled his eyes at Hanma's statement as he walked towards them. "Where are we going exactly?", Rindou asked impatiently. "There's a school festival in Shibuya. They have food and shit so it'll be nice." Kisaki answered. looking excited as he gave them a smug smirk. Rindou shuddered at the latter's actions. "Fucking creep." He thought to himself.

They decided to leave their bikes and just take the train to Shibuya, where the supposed school was located.

"Here? This is the school?" Rindou asked as they stopped in front of Hana's school. Parents, children, students, teachers. All kinds of people were there, enjoying their time as they busied themselves with the huge variety of stalls.

"Yeah. My crush goes to this school too so it's a win-win." Kisaki replied with a sly grin. "Let's just split, yeah? But be sure to come by the auditorium at 2 PM. There's some event there that I heard is really popular so let's check it out." Ran informed, gaining a nod from the three.

Ran immediately split and went to one of the food stalls. Rindou clicked his tongue in annoyance as he slipped his hands inside of his pockets. "So noisy." He complained as he continued to walk, letting his feet take over.

"Oi! Kohana! You alright?" Mitsuya asked as he saw her stare mindlessly at the floor. "I'm fine! Just a bit nervous, I guess. It's my last year so I have to really win it. There's so much pressure this year than the previous years." She sighed as she took a sip of water. Mitsuya continued to brush her hair as Emma painted her nails.

A lie. She didn't even feel an ounce of nervousness. One thing she did feel was eagerness. A week. She wasn't able to meet Rindou for a week due to her busy schedule. She let out a sigh as she stared outside the window, mesmerized by the happy faces of the children and families that entered the premise.

"Rindou?" She asked herself as he saw his figure walk through the gate with Ran and two vaguely familiar men. "Did he come to watch me?" She mumbled to herself has excitement tickled her insides. "Hey! That hurts!" She yelled as she caressed the nape of her neck after receiving a bonk from Mitsuya. "Stop talking to yourself! You're creeping me out!" Mitsuya scolded, making the rest of their friends laugh.

"Don't be nervous babe, you've got this! Show that freshman who's queen in the runway." Emma cheered with a smirk, lifting the latter's spirits up. "You're right. I've got this. I am Sato Kohana; Japan's next top model. I can do this." She convinced herself, gaining a chuckle from her friends.