3 Not My Type

Eyes don't turn black. Not human eyes. I hug the pillow from my bed tighter to my chest. If I wasn't that means Eliza wasn't taken by something human. They looked human. Young. Not much older than me.

Why did she seem so willing?

And was I really thinking they aren't human?

I throw my pillow across my room, but it falls short of my wooden wall, where pictures of me and Eliza stare back at me. I swallow a sob and bury my face in the comforter.

"Addison, Hanna's here," I hear Mom call from out in the hall.

A soft knock comes from my door.

"Addy?"

"Come in." I brush the tears from my eyes and glance at the window quickly. My parents won't let me go outside. They're scared I'll hurt myself looking for Eliza. I feel useless basically.

My door clicks, and Hanna's head pokes in. "Hey, how are you?"

I duck my head not in the mood for stupid questions.

"Do you want to talk about it? Everyone else is."

I flash only my eyes upward at her, and she frowns. Of course everyone is talking about it.

"Or we could try to take your mind off of it. My family and I are going to our house in the mountains. Would you want to come? Your parents said they thought it would be good for you."

I glance once more at my window before looking back at the pictures of me and Eliza. My heart aches. "Why not?" There's too much pain here.

She smiles and takes a hesitant seat on my bed. "Do you think you'll come to school for your senior year?"

"No. My mom will continue teaching me and Eliza."

"Right." She drops her head.

"They'll find her."

"I know they will." She plasters a smile on her face, but it's all a lie. "My brother will be here at six tomorrow morning to pick you up." She cringes still with a smile. "Is that all right?"

"Yeah."

"It's not too early?"

"It's not like I've been sleeping anyways."

She takes my hands, frowning. "There's plenty of hiking trails. I know you like hiking."

I nod. Eliza was taken because of what I like to do.

"I have to go finish packing. We're going to have so much fun. I hope you know that."

"I do." I force a smile. "I really appreciate this, Hanna."

After she's gone I pull a suitcase out of my closet and lay it on my bed. I fill it with all the necessities I need, including my boots. I won't let what happened affect me hiking. Eliza wouldn't want that.

I skim my finger over the books on my shelf looking for a book to bring—a book to lose myself in. I stop my finger on the last book I read—Expiration Date. My eyes land on the green and red embossed book next to it. Colton, the villain, from Expiration Date and I share something in common. I pull the green book off the shelf and run my hand over the cover. We both have a thing for werewolves.

Eliza always teased me about it. She said dogs—that's what she called them—are disgusting.

She's more of a cat person.

Dedicated to the friend who unknowingly introduced me to werewolves--Klaroline4Eve