34 Rejected By Them

I slice the brownies in the pan into squares and transfer them onto a ceramic plate. I'm just going to bite the bullet and say it; I feel like I'm on my period. I want to rip everyone's head off who accidentally steps in my path; I only see my parents and Eliza and her parents. The full moon is only three days away. In three days I'm turning into a freaking dog.

Eliza's parents and mine are in my living room. Eliza sets up the movie. I head to the living room but before I enter, I hear my dad saying, "I think we still should have contacted someone over those filthy creatures. I'm not comfortable knowing they could come back for Addy or Eliza."

I grip the plate tightly as I step into the room.

Eliza's dad tugs her mom closer. "They need to be disposed of."

The plate slips through my hands, shattering as it hits the floor. "They still have a human part you know? You speak of disposing them, as if you're being so humane, but you're really being no better than them." I flee to my room and slam the door, the walls shaking.

"Addison Rose Curry, open this door," my mom yells. Her or my dad pounds on the door.

I need to hit something. My bed won't leave evidence of me punching it. I ram my fist into the mattress, counting to ten.

"Addison," my dad now yells.

I yank open my door. "Yes?"

"Drop the tone, young lady." My mom crosses their arms as they force themselves in.

I lean against my dresser. "Mr. Eair is the one who said we should kill werewolves."

"And why are you against it?" my mom asks. "They kidnapped you."

"They didn't kill me though. I'm standing here, aren't I?"

"They're dangerous." My dad flexes his hands. "You didn't see the attack."

"Believe me, I know. But humans are dangerous too. Eliza and I were the ones with them, not you. Eliza doesn't want them dead either."

"They have a name for this." My mom brushes a strand of hair behind her ear. "It's called Stockholm Syndrome."

"I know what that is and this isn't it." Come the full moon I'll be one of the werewolves they want dead. "I'm not apologizing if that's what you want me to do. I'm seventeen. You can't force me to say I'm sorry when I don't mean it anymore."

Eliza knocks on my open door. "Mr. and Mrs. Curry, do you think I could talk to her? I think I have a good understanding of how she's feeling."

"Go ahead and try." Giving me a disappointed look my dad leaves, followed by my mom.

Eliza curls up on my bed. "Don't you think you should tell them?"

"No. Definitely no. You saw what our dads said. Yours wants to dispose of us. He'll show up with a gun and cut my head off." I sink down onto the ground and hold onto my head, the scene from that movie playing in my mind.

"I didn't think you'd still judge my parents after all your reassurances that you didn't."

"I didn't mean it that way. You don't understand what I'm going through. It's like PMS to the ten fold."

"I wouldn't know since Xavier never marked me because someone had to write a letter to her parents telling them where we were."

I press my palms into the floor. "You didn't want to become a werewolf so cut it. I didn't want this either but it was forced on me. Travis is going to help, remember?"

"How long ago did he say he would? Two weeks ago? Have you heard from him since? You have two full days before you're out of time."

"And what do you suggest I do?"

"Tell your parents and maybe they'll let you go to Xavier's."

I laugh bitterly. "They'll never let me get two feet out of this house. They'd rather lock me in a freezer."

Eliza walks to the door. "I'm going to watch the movie. I'm leaving before I say something I'll completely regret." She slams my door.

I bury my face between my knees. Now I understood how Travis felt before the full moon.

A/N
I just wanted to say a quick thank you for reading!