41 What Have I Done?

Once in the safety of clothes and Jasper's truck, I pull my feet up on the passenger seat and lean my head against the window. As much as I don't trust Jasper to drive, I trust myself less right now. You're not supposed to drive when you're emotional. The trees pass by in a blur. That's where I'm supposed to be, not here in a truck about to be reinstated into civilization. I'm a threat. A beast.

"We need to tell your parents."

"They won't accept me. They'll be terrified of me."

"It's not safe for you to be around them on full moons. If we explain to them, then they'll have to let you come to the pack once a month."

"If I did, you'd have to promise to chain me up every full moon."

His arms slacken. "Addison, I can't do that to you. You don't have any idea how painful that is."

"Do you have any idea how much I hate myself right now? I don't want to be an animal. I helped kill that innocent deer and then ate it. If that's who I'll be every full moon, I don't want it."

"Hate me but not yourself."

I dig my nails into my legs. "This is your fault, but it's also mine for trying to help you in that basement. It's mine for coming after Eliza when she so obviously didn't want it.

He tightens his grip on the wheel. "Don't you dare say that. You did nothing wrong. This is on me. Now hate me."

"I'm too tired to though. I want to sleep and try turning all this into some crazy dream."

A/N
A short chapter but Happy Mother's Day! I just made an Instagram for this book! The handle is @My_Best_friends_werewolf. I hope to see you there!

Also for my Expiration Date readers, I'm planning to start posting Exported in the next few weeks! I just need to fix my cover first. I hope you'll all enter my upcoming giveaway of the Once Upon Now anthology!