Henry

Henry's POV

I stared at the newspaper a little longer as I itched my beard. Grace has changed so much, she isn't a child anymore. I bet she's been through hell and back, poor girl. I remember when we danced together at the dance party, her birthdays, when I held her when she was just a baby... I thought she died with her family. Suddenly, someone snatched the newspaper out of my hands and I looked up to see Grutas staring at the newspaper front cover. I analysed his face and he had freshened up his blonde hair, neatened his stubble and he always wore plain buttoned up shirts. His shirt was a dark maroon colour and he never did the top three buttons.
"New haircut, boss?" I asked him, leaning back on my chair. He glanced at me then back at the newspaper.
"Where did you get this?" He questioned me instead.
"The store? Where else" I chuckled. He grumbled under his breath and scrunched up the newspaper.
"I want all of our men on the two of them" Grutas ordered me, pointing his finger at me. My heart slightly dropped and I tried to say something but I could just not speak.
"Don't say you still have a soft spot for the psycho bitch. You are with me. You choose to deviate and I'll stick your head on a stick" he leaned down close to my face and stared into my eyes. His polish accent made him even more scarier.
"We're brothers... don't give it up for someone from the past" he whispered to me. He suddenly put his hand on my shoulder and shook me about a little then left the room, swaying his hands side to side. I let out a loud sigh and got off the chair and headed over to the fireplace. I leaned on the bricks and I stared at the dancing flames while I was deep in my thoughts. I have to choose between myself and Grace... I only hoped that we would simply talk. Explain my actions. I joined Grutas because I had no where else to go. I joined him because i didn't know he killed my dear friends, and who I call my second family. Above the fireplace, was a mirror and I glanced up at myself to see how much I had changed since grace last saw me. I had a low fade haircut and a healthy brunette beard. Old age seemed to have gotten the better of me but I still looked to be in my 40's when I was in my late 50's. I had a missing ear from the war and I always hated it, made me look deformed and such. I grabbed my eyepatch from my trouser pocket and covered my eye socket, where I got stabbed. I slowly looked up at myself in the mirror and I had made my decision - I'm saving me and Grace. I'm going to deviate. She is my daughter.

Graces POV

I hid my motorbike in the bushes and I slowly looked around myself to see dark mist and tall, spruce trees. The road was old and looked to rarely be used. It was pebbled instead of cemented and it was hours away from the town. I looked at the grand gates, with veins all over them and above the gates said lecter mansion. I have no way of getting to Hannibal so I had to wait out the storm somewhere and I don't dare go back to the Lars estate. I shook the gates to see the chain lock on them. I still was in agony from the fight from Jack and just breathing irritated my ribs. I sighed seeing the tall walls but I had to give it a shot. I put my feet on some bricks sticking out and I went to grab a brick and I stretched out my stomach. I shrieked and I jumped up and grabbed a brick but I was in too much pain. I tried to pull myself up but I eventually fell off and landed on my back. I cried out loud and rolled off my back and tucked my knees close to my chest before slowly getting back up. I put my hand on my ribs and looked around the estate to find a way to crawl in.

I found a hole in the walls and i could crawl through to the other side. I slowly got onto the floor and begun to crawl through. I was in so much agony and my hand was thumping in pain again. I kept grunting as I kept moving then I reached the other side. I laid on the floor for a few moments before getting up. I sat on the floor and leaned my back against the wall as I took in heavy breaths. I viewed my hand to see it was bright purple again. I wiped the blood off my face and I ripped off some fabric from my shirt and I bandaged up my hand. It was poorly done but it was all I had. I checked on my ribs to see a large, purple bruise on my ribs. Just the sight of it Made my nerves go all funny. I sighed and rested my head on the wall as I motivated myself to get back up.

The house was gorgeous. Tall, spruce trees were also on the other side of the walls and also the mist consumed the area. Suddenly, I saw a lantern in the distance and I hurried behind a tree. I glanced around the corner again to see a figure with the lantern. They had a feminine figure and wore a buttoned up trench coat. They headed inside a small shed and then came out, but without the lantern. I heard a string being pulled and then leaves crunch slowly fade away.

I crept inside the shed and I saw birds hung up and a hunters knife on a table, along side with some Organs wrapped up, ready for the market. I glanced at the wall beside me to see a sniper hung up and a bow and arrow. I slowly picked up the bow and arrow to see all the beautiful carvings in them. It was in overall great conditions. I picked up the hand made quiver and put it around my back after supplying it with arrows. Then, I went to go find the woman.

I found her skinning a bird and I crept behind a fallen tree as I stalked her. A twig snapped under my foot and she quickly got onto her feet. I took cover behind the fallen tree and covered my mouth as I heard her put an arrow on her bow, pulling the string back. She took small, steady steps towards me and a bird went off in the distance and she spun around. I used this opportunity to get onto my feet and I aimed the bow at her and she spun around and aimed it at me.

"I have this Aimed between your eyes

"I have this Aimed between your eyes... don't forget that" I scowled to her.
"You're the woman in the newspaper" she mumbled to me. I shrugged my shoulders sat her, holding the bow and arrow at her but I was in so much pain from my ribs. She withdrew her bow and arrow and it caught me off guard.
"You we're with Hannibal" she added on. I then decided to withdraw my bow and arrow as I stared at her in pure confusion.
"What do you know?" She demanded.