Loose ends

A week later

I tried to call Hannibal again, using my shaking hand, but he didn't respond, meaning he's already there, which only made me even feel more sick to my stomach. It was dark out, the streets were isolated and the street lights flickered every so often. I began running through the streets, running through puddles and my adrenaline made me only run faster, since it was a matter of life and death. I took in deep breaths while sprinting down the streets and I quickly made myself stop once I saw the black vans. He's here. Troy told me about this, said the FBI were coming for unknown reasons. Fuck! I told hannibal to be careful! He never listens... I looked up the tall building to see a single light on, on the fourth floor. I began sprinting again, feeling like my feet were lifting themselves up, and I burst open the doors to the apartment building. I ran over the polished floors, somehow not slipping, and ignored the receptionist who was screaming at me to stop. Nothing could stop me, nothing at all. I hopped up the stairs and dodged past folk on the stairs. I ignored everyone's whispers and got onto the fourth floor. I paced down the corridor and swung open the door. Once I saw the scene, my heart sunk. My mouth dropped and my eyes widened. My legs weakened and I couldn't hear anything, I just stared.

——— flash back ———

I looked through Riley's medical file again in my office, biting my finger nails. While I was brain storming all these thoughts, I heard a knock at the office door. It made me jump slightly and I tucked the file away.
"Come in!" I shouted and made myself look busy by holding a paper and pen. My apprentice peered her head around the corner and smiled at me. I smiled back at her and I hand motioned for her to enter. She shut the door behind herself and adjusted her pony tail while she made her way towards me.
"Strauss said you wanted me?" She asked, tucking her hands in her lab coat pocket. Ugh, Strauss. I'm sure he'll enjoy the drugs I give him in his coffee to keep him awake at night. He can stir on his thoughts while he rolls around in bed then come into work, exhausted. Then it cycles over, the best punishment.
"Yeah. I need you to give Riley some meds. Use clozapine, a few will do him. Just to keep his heart steady" I informed her. She nodded her head at me then rushed to do the task. I spun myself around on the stool and knew those tablets will stop his heart, but she'll be guilty. Nobody will believe the apprentice. She made a silly mistake, she misheard me. Riley will die in good condition. And that ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when you fuck with a Lars.

———

I ran into Riley's room once I heard the heart breaking news. I saw doctors surround him, giving him CPR but they were only pushing some more foam out of his black and blue mouth. My apprentice was sobbing and I covered my face with 'panic' and 'fear'.
"What did you do!" I screamed. She just hysterically sobbed but she could speak after she slightly got herself together.
"Y-you said clozapine?!" She hysterically sobbed, it was almost heart breaking. I made my eyes widen at her to fit in the 'panic' act.
"I said gnozipen!" I shouted back at her then ran to Riley, leaving her to cry on her own. Seeing his face black and blue, foam out of his mouth and his eyes blood shot only made me feel full again.

——— present day ———

Hannibal shot his head over at me, his hair was fallen in front of his face and his lip was bleeding a little, he had a look of slight worry on his face once he saw my genuine face. His sleeves were rolled up and his arm and hands were covered in blood.
"...did you do this?" I tiredly asked him. We both slowly looked at Will again, who had his head sawed at to get to his brain. However, he was still alive - barely. He was taking in shallow breaths, his eyes looked heavy and he could barely move himself. I glanced over at the table to see a small bowl of caviar there. Mason Verger just set us up. I should've killed him at his estate. I suddenly had a heart dropping feeling that there was a presence behind me. I went to spin around but everything went black.