Glitter in her eye

I casually walk out my room after throwing on a random outfit, jeans, hoodie and my vans.

For the first time in forever, I felt happy... I had someone... a friend... who was nothing more than a friend and could see my issues from a different point of view.

The school's bell sounds, and it was woodworking... which was fun as I had no one else to partner up with apart from Josi- 

I cut myself off as I realise Jade was in my class... oh my god my day keeps getting better and better... if I'm honest I don't really want to speak to Josie at the moment, which is incredibly understandable.

Unfortunately it looked as if Lizzie had already made her way into class, as I couldn't seem to find her.

I throw open the door to my class, for the first time in forever I was also early, rather than late, seeing a shocked expression plastered on my teachers face.

I see Josie as I walk over to my table, we had to sit in our assigned seats until we paired up.

The brunette just looked at me so upset.

"Hope can we tal-" Josie doesn't finish her sentence.

"No" I laugh in her face.

Just as that conversation swiftly comes to an end, I see Jade as she runs into class, out of breath as she slings her backpack over her shoulder.

"Okay seen as everyones here, get into pairs" The teacher speaks.

"So I was thinking we make a castle" Josie starts to speak to herself, Hoping I was listening.

We unfortunately still had to share a table with her for safety reasons, however her smile quickly vanished off her face as Jade comes and joins the seat next to me, symbolising the fact that we were working together.

"So what do you want to make" I ask my partner.

"Uh... you know what... I had to thought of making a castle" Jade completely steals the idea off Josie to make her even more annoyed than she was.

"Are you serious Hope... we've worked together since 5th grade" Josie cuts us off.

"Glad you've kept track, unfortunately not my problem anymore... however I'm sure Penelope over there needs a partner" I Nod my head over to her.

To be fair, in that moment I felt slightly guilty as I could see her try hold back a pained expression.

"Okay" Josie takes a glimpse at Penelope and calls her over.

Jade and I get to work, with the occasional giggle, which catches the look of Josie.

"Jade are you excited for the dance tonight" I ask out loud.

"Of course I am. You better dance with me or else" Jade laughed... we both decided exactly what we were going to do.

Seeing whether Josie would get jealous or not.

"I'll save you a dance" I joke back.

"I was convinced that would be with my sister Mikaelson, or are we not going to speak about that?" Josie cuts in.

Now dropping her assignment, turning to face both of us. Quickly realising what she just said.

"Would that be a problem for you Josie?... Dancing with a friend who doesn't play around with people like objects... is that wrong?" I stick up for her.

"Watch your tongue Mikaelson" Penelope chirps in.

"Josie seems to like my tongue... after all it was down her throat a couple days ago" I spit out.

Instantly both their faces turn different shades of red... 

"Fuck you Hope" Josie chokes up.

Josie rushes out of class, holding her face in her hands as she's soon followed by Penelope, who doesn't leave without a very suggesting look at us both.

"Well... that went well" Jade begins to laugh.

"Went better than I thought it would" I laugh along with her.

We both continue our woodwork, but a huge feeling of guilt over-rode me... I couldn't help but feel bad...