Chapter 9

~❆~

Back at the camp, Zairah is busy to help the other students from section ilang-ilang to settle their stuffs in the bus. Some keep asking her where is Jason and the others but, she keep on lying that they are doing something important.

They seem to be decieved by her lie and just continued to fix their stuffs. Once settled, they leave immediately.

Zairah sighed in relief and walked back to the resthouse. She's expecting Christine to be there but, the room turn out to be empty.

"She must be at the backyard..." she said to herself.

~❆~

Christine sat on the grass with her legs at her chest as she watch the trees gently flow with the wind. It was very peaceful and she hoped that there will be a day that will be so peaceful like this. Suddenly, she heard the door, opening.

"Hey there, Christine" Zairah greeted with a gentle smile. Christine just smiled back and continued staring at the meadow.

"What's wrong?" Zairah asked.

Christine let out a deep breathe. She stood up and looked at Zairah,

"Do you have any traces of them?" she asked.

"Unfortunately...no." Zairah said.

"Its been three days and we still don't have any idea where to find them..." Christine said.

"Im sorry...Christine." Zairah apologised, "I should have told him everything about the Maiden.."

"Don't say that, Zairah. I know your work as an exorcist and I know you understand what will Jason feel if he knows the truth." Christine comforted Zairah.

"If the Maiden have him and the others then it is up to Jason to stop the curse," she added.

"Right..I should get going....I may find some clue on where they are.." Zairah said. Christine just nodded and watched Zairah left.

Christine sighed and glanced at the meadow once more,

Jason...wherever you are right now..I hope you can stop the Maiden once and for all...Christine thought as she entered the rest house.

~❆~

Jason and the others laid there friend, Clarence at the bed in the room they are staying.

One by one, they began to leave until Jason is the only one who left. He glanced at the photo book he was holding and let out a deep breathe.

He placed it next to Clarence's body, "We will get put of here..I promise." he said and eventually leave.

Jason locked the door so nobody will disturb their fallen friend and faced his friends who are obviously traumatized of what happened.

"We need to get out of this place..." Julliene said.

"How? The whole mansion trap us here!" Russel exclaimed.

"There is no time to fight, guys! We need to work together for Clarence!" Jason bursted out.

"I know it's my fault that this happen. I lose those stupid memories, I drag you guys into this mess and now our friend is dead!" Jason exclaimed.

Everyone is silent...they don't know how to comfort Jason in this situation.

"You don't need to blame yourself, Jason..." Someone said. Everybody looked around and saw a girl dress in all white..glowing like a ghost.

Everyboy started to back off until, the girl spoke once again, "Don't worry. I will not harm you. I'm just here to help." she said.

"How could we trust you?" Hannah asked.

"Because, I may know something about the Maiden." she replied.

"Who are you?"

"My name....is Sophia."

~❆~