𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽𝔂

11:30pm

Everyone was in the main room, already packed with guests and I tried to calm my breathing as I listened to the Hubble.

For some reason, my feet took me towards the spiral staircase before I could think, and then I was standing there, under chandeliers, and the room had gone quiet.

All the unfamiliar men in waistcoats and women in huge ballgowns looked at me, smiling. I let out a breathy chuckle and carried on down the staircase

Don't fall now.

My two hands holding up my skirt, I tried to make my steps as graceful as possible, and then I rounded into the crowd, and Steve ran up to me.

"Y/n. I didn't even recognise you." I laughed.

"I'm taking that as a compliment."

00:00am

I gave Steve a few things. I got him a framed recent picture of me and him, because he used to keep an old one in the pocket of his suit, but in the battle of New York it was destroyed.

I got him a sketchbook, and some expensive pencils that I researched. He always loved his art; he was amazing at it, and I didn't want him to lose his passion now that has important responsibilities to focus on.

And lastly, I managed time to bake some donuts with Wanda. We covered them in red white and blue sprinkles, and written on the box they were in was 'because your such a patriot'

I apologised for the fact that it wasn't much- I felt horrible that I'd been caught up in the initiation and the mission. But he thanked me and hugged me tight, tears in his eyes, saying 'love you sis'.
I almost burst out crying.

00:45am

The party was in full swing, so far I had only had one drink- most others too, although Tony had already had 3.

I was milling around, mostly keeping by Steve, Natasha and Wanda. Talking to new people was fun, everyone here was so interesting,

There were doctors, astronauts, entrepreneurs, managers of famous companies. A few S.H.I.E.L.D agents, musicians.

I didn't feel the need to talk to him but apparently Elon Musk was here for a while, but Tony whispered to me that he actually hates the guy.

1:50am

Nat was- a little drunk.

She was sparring people that volunteered in a dress, drunk, and somehow beating them all.

These parties were definitely eventful

As i drunk more, i slowly felt more angry. Like the tide had come in and henceforth all my emotions had fully reached me.

I was sitting at a table now, hand on my chin, looking out at the rest of the people laughing and dancing, and I felt....distant.

2:45am

I danced for a while with Steve but now I was sat back down. My eyes were darting around the room, and they just so happened to land on the door.

The figure coming through had me immediately seeing red, and again, letting my anger take a hold I charged towards the door, elbowing people on the way and not saying sorry.

I caught Steve's eye and flashed him the most apologetic glance I could.

People watched in my direction, but I grabbed bucky's hand, and dragged him into the hallway, the light change immediately affecting my head.