Wings of Ice: Prologue

90 years later on the brightest night 7 years ago

Silvermoon walked over to the hatchery and opened the door, her eggs were soon to hatch tonight. She looked at the three eggs one of the eggs looked like it had a crack in it, so she excitedly went over to look at it the egg was a pale blue and looked like there was frost on it. The egg had a deep crack in it. The crack widened and widened until a piece popped off the egg and a small dragon beak poked out. The beak was a pale sky-blue with a swirl of white Beautiful Silvermoon thought. The egg cracked open some more and the dragonet popped out. The rest of the female dragonets body was swirled with blue and white. "I will name you Snowdrift." Silvermoon announced. The other eggs started to break open and a male dragonet popped out of the left egg. He was silver with swirls of white on his wings. The female popped out, she was a dark silver color. " I shall name the male Squall and the female Evergreen." She murmured. She grabbed Evergreen and Squall. Her arms were full. she would have to come back for Snowdrift later.

Silvermoon dropped Evergreen and Squall off in her room being watched by Silvermoon's sister, Brumal. She headed into the hatchery and reached over to grab Snowdrift, only to pull back by the scorch of frost. It can't be Silvermoon thought. Frostscales were very, very rare there hadn't been one since before the Scorching. Hopefully it will wear off when she grows... until then...........