Chapter 8 - Croc's Den

Before Swift left Herllway, he first had a nice breakfast with the Red-locks. Swift also had a friendly chat with Mary and Gawain. To the only white Echidna in the Manor, she felt like the blue blur was already a part of the family. As for the knight of justice, he had to admit that aside from Swift's lack of experience on magic, he was a knight that surpassed himself in both spirit and fighting capabilities. When the time came for the wind-fast hedgehog to leave, Gawain promised to keep his identity a secret so Queen Lee-ana would not have a better chance of finding Swift.

"Well it was nice knowing you and thanks for your hospitality everyone." Said Swift while he casually hung his bag over his left shoulder while holding Calasear in his right hand as usual. (If you're all wondering why Swift is not putting the mystical blade in his bag, well Calasear said he gets really itchy if he's in a bag or scabbard. So Swift did not ask questions because he didn't want an even mouthier sword than he already have.)

"You are quite welcome but I would like you to take things a bit more seriously when you're up against the Knights of Order. Unlike me, the other five are a whole lot stronger, especially the Black knight." Gawain grimiest Swift's situation

"There's that again, why do you people keep calling that guy the "Black knight?"

"I have to admit, my squire raised a good question. What is the Black Knight's true name?"

Gawain fed their curiosity "That's the thing. No one knows the Black knight's identity, only Queen Lee-ana knows of his true name and face."

That piece of information was quite a shock to both the blue knight and the sacred blade. The only person who did know the Black knight's face was the same one who they're trying to de-thrown. After saying their goodbyes, Swift ran, leaving behind a gust of wind that blew the Red-locks' locks, Gawain and Mary were the ones that saw Swift off. Gawain had this going in his head.

Flash Back where Gawain gave his answer-

Gawain closed his eyes with a smile "My answer is only these four words..."

"Well? What's the four words then, I'm not getting any slower here." Swift said jokingly while his left hand was still outstretched to pull the red knight up.

"I will help you." When Gawain said those words he latched hands with his new friend and the hope of Galotum.

Present time with Swift while running

While Swift was running with the wind blowing in both his face and sword, Calasear shouted to the blue hedgehog through the wind. "I would have never expected one of the Knights of Order to have secretly allied with us and honestly I'm quite shocked that you would convince a member of the Red-locks clan to join us!!"

Swift was annoyed at Calasear's constant surprise towards him overcoming the impossible. The mouthy sword was going to take some getting used to. But it also helped that it took quite a lot of effort to make Swift angry; he's usually calm and high-spirited. Although, he did only personally know 8 people in Galotem.

While Swift was running across the land he noticed something in the distance. It started to look like a building of some sorts. He stopped right in front of it, taking a good look at the seemingly-ordinary house. The building was averagely tall, it had a dark green roof and the outside walls were made of stone. Above the door was a sign that read Croc's Den.

"What is this? A tavern? And it's not in a city or town? Don't tell me that doesn't strike you as

suspicious, does it?" Swift asked Calasear rhetorically and out of a bit of curiosity.

Calasear took a moment to think. "It is rather suspicious that it's in the middle of the pathway. I wonder why someone would build this here?"

"Should we...?"