Mama, We All Go To Hell - Chapter Thirteen

Recap of the last chapter;

LEAH

"I don't think I can, I know I can. I'm looking forward to it but you better make it worth my time."

"You know I will." Alex said before walking into the kitchen only to come back out and open the front door. "See you later."

~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night, I told Jack goodnight and went to my room. I laid in my bed texting Alex until 1:30 AM. Then I got up and made sure he was sleeping before I left.

~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up and looked around to see that I was in Alex's room. I checked my phone to see three missed calls and at least ten unread texts from Jack. I listened to the voicemails instead of reading all the texts.

"Leah, where are you? I called all the guys and they said that they haven't saw you. Except Alex, he didn't pick up. Please call me back."

Next voicemail;

"Are you with Alex? He usually picks up his phone no matter what time it is unless he's busy with something. I'm on my way to his house right now and if you're there, you have some explaining to do."

~~~~~~~~~~

When Alex opened the door, I stood behind him.

"What the fuck Leah? You had me worried sick. And what the hell are you doing here?" Jack said when he saw me. "Um, well-" I couldn't come up with an excuse. "Is that..his shirt?" He asked.

I looked down at my shirt to see that I was still wearing Alex's.

"Yeah, I borrowed it for the night."

"You spent the night here?!" He started to shout.

"I should be allowed to sleep at my best friends house." I shrugged. "Wait a minute. Is something going on between you two?" He questioned even further. "No! There's nothing going on between us. He just needed help with something." I raised my voice at him. "Overnight?" He narrowed his eyes suspiciously.

"I got tired and I didn't know you would be so pissed about me staying at my best friend's house."

He sighed. "I'm sorry. You just got me so worried. You could've told me that you had to help him."

"You were sleeping." I shrugged. "Yeah, but when it comes to you having to leave in middle of the night, you can wake me up to let me know." He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to him. That's when I realized that I couldn't do this anymore. I can't do this behind his back and it's not just because he was extremely close to busting us, but because I do really like him and I always told myself when I was younger that cheating is a horrible thing and that I would never do it. I'm just not that type of person to continue to cheat on the person you're dating. I love Alex, but until and only if Jack and I break up, we can't be together.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Jack? Can I talk to you?" I twirled my hair around in my fingers nervously. "Yeah." He paused the TV and I took it as an invitation to sit down on the couch farther away from him. "What's up?" He asked, probably sensing how scared I was.

"Before I say anything, I want you to know that what I said about having feelings for you is true. I really do like you and I realize now that I screwed up badly and I chose to tell you right now because it would have eaten me alive if I didn't."