Tell Me What Your Best Friend Knows That I Don't Know - Chapter Two

Chapter title credit;

"Keep The Change, You Filthy Animal" - All Time Low

LEAH

"I can't believe it's you! You know that I think about you everyday?" I exclaimed happily.

"You think about me? Aw." Alex cooed.

"Hold on a second. Cass!" I called and she turned her head to look at me.

"Can I take the rest of the day off?" I asked with a puppy dog face. She sighed. "Whatever but you have to absolutely make it up to me Tuesday!" She replied.

Today was Friday and I had the weekend and Monday off.

"Sure thing!" I smiled and turned back to Alex. "So, how did you and him meet?"

"You mean Jack?" He asked and I nodded. "We met in eighth grade."

"Yup. I actually hated him at first. I thought he was a douche bag. Plus he had really big eyebrows and I was bummed because he was competing with my big eyebrows." Jack added.

"That's nice to know." I laughed. "What are you guys doing in England?"

"I just decided to come visit my hometown and Jack wanted to come with." He answered.

"We have so much catching up to do it seems. Park later?" I said. "Totally." He smiled. "You can bring Mr. Lanky here if you like. What's the harm in having not just one, but two handsome men hanging out with me?" I laughed. "Oh god. I sounded like a slut."

"No you didn't." Alex chuckled. "See you at 8?"

I nodded and with that they strolled out of the store.

I pinched myself to see if I was dreaming then I felt the pain of how hard I pinched. Nope, I wasn't dreaming. This was completely unbelievable. Like, what are the chances?

———————-

I went home and had gotten ready right away. It took me an hour and there was still seven left till I got to see my best friend again.

I flopped on the couch and put on Netflix. Might as well catch up on The Tudors while I have time to spare.

———————-

The time dragged so slowly, but thankfully it was time to start heading to the park.

It made me feel warm inside that Alex knew exactly what park I was talking about. We used to go to it all the time when I was 5 and he was 6. Everyday after dinner we would go there to watch the sun go down and we would stay for hours. Our parents didn't mind because we were close to it so they could just come and get us when we were out too late. I still lived close by so I'm just walking there.

By the time I got there it was 7:50 meaning they would either be here soon or be fashionably late.

To my surprise they came a couple minutes early. They arrived at 7:55.

"Leafy!" Alex shouted and ran towards me, nearly knocking me down but his arms caught me as he pulled me in for a suffocating hug.

"Lex Love!" I shouted and hugged him back. I added 'love' to the end of his nickname.

My family and friends called me Leafy because they thought it was cute and because I loved picking up leafs in Fall to gawk at the bright colors they turned.

"What about me?" Jack pouted, sticking out his bottom lip.

Alex let go of me and I turned to Jack. "Um..." I thought for a moment. "Jacky Boo?"