You've Done It Now, You Planted A Seed - Chapter Sixteen

Chapter title credit;
"Princeton Ave" - Issues

LEAH

"Who the fuck are you?" Jack spat through gritted teeth, his voice full of anger.

"I'm Oli." He responded as calm as the ocean before a storm. "And you are?"

"You don't have the right to ask who I am. You came to my front door and groped my girlfriend."

"I didn't 'grope' her, I hugged her."

"Yeah, well you did to me and since she tried getting away, it probably did to her too."

Oli snickered, looked past Jack and at me. "This is your new boyfriend? Quite a step down from me, don't you think?"

"Watch your mouth, Oliver." I glared at him. "Woah, you're calling me by my full name now? You mean business." He said sarcastically.

"Where's your skank?"

"She's long gone."

"Asshole." I muttered.

"I think you should go." Jack was trying to keep his cool. "Fine, I'll go. See you later." He turned around and started to walk away. "No you won't!" I called before he disappeared into his car.

"How in the hell did he find you?" Jack asked and turned around to face me. "Actually no, the more important question first. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thank you for stepping in and I have absolutely no idea."

"Great, now we'll have to watch our backs in public because of your stalker." He joked. "Oh whatever." I scoffed. "So, what restaurant did Alex take you to again?" He intertwined his fingers with mine and kissed the back of my hand.

"Woodberry Kitchen." I giggled.

"Dammit. That's like the best restaurant in Baltimore."

"You know I don't like fancy things anyway. Plus, I'd much rather stay here and watch movies with you."

"Fine." He huffed. "How about Titanic?" I suggested. "Or a horror movie." He laughed. "I'm okay with either one." I shrugged.

-------------------------

The next day Jack let me take his car, surprisingly, to the grocery store to get some things for my birthday.

Unfortunately, I see the same figure in the aisle as I did yesterday at the door. This time, no one was there to step in.

I tried to turn around and get away as fast as I could but I felt someone grab my wrist.

"I knew it was you." His voice was still smug. "Could you let go of me? You're hurting my wrist." I said flatly but he just tightened his grip. "Do you think that you could get rid of me that easily? When you broke up with me, I made sure I knew where you were going. Of course I know you moved here, and so did I." His face got closer to mine with each word he spoke.

"Let go of me right now." I clawed at his hand in attempt to loosen his grip. "I love when you play hard to get." He snickered and ran his other hand down my back. "You're a fucking psycho!" I managed to squirm my hand out of his and run out the store.

I quickly got into the car and started driving back home.

Once I opened the door and knew I was safe, I completely broke down. I was scared for the first time since I moved to Baltimore. Not just for myself but for Jack and my friends. I didn't know Oli could be so crazy, he was never that way when we were together.

I would call the police but Oli's really good at lying and manipulating people to believe him so it's not even worth it. No, I have to deal with this myself. I don't know how, but I will eventually.