Chapter 5 : I Fall in Love With You Too Late

Techi and Neru keeps talking and joking. Techi's laugh at almost everything Neru said. Something that's unusual for Techi, since usually he's a stoic and expressionless. She always maintains some distance with others. It's like you are close but not close enough to make her relax. But a laugh and smile from her can be drawn out by Neru only. Being the youngest in the group doesn't make Techi a spoiled one, but she'll switch to being a spoiled kid whenever there's Neru involved. This scene of Techi laughing happily is what being seen by the other members.

"Neee... Miyu, look, they're at it again." said Dani to Miyu after finishing the practice. With her loud voice, the other members around her turn and look to the direction seen by her. Miyu, a bit envy with the relationship of Neru and Techi can only whisper, "Leave them be, Dani... We all envy of them, especially Risa. Look her face."

Dani, after hearing Miyu's whisper, suddenly turn to look to Risa, which have a longing face watching the 2 girls. Before anyone notice, Dani walk closer to Risa.

"Don't make that face or you'll be in trouble." Said Dani while hugging Risa's shoulder. "It's that really shown on my face?" ask the latter. Dani can only nod in approval. She then pulls Risa to the other corner of the room.

"So, it's true then. And here I thought you like me..." said Dani while laughing. Risa frown her brow upon hearing Dani's words. "Wait, you said you love Manaka, first. Then it's me. Why never mention her?" mumble Dani in confusion. Risa chuckle a bit upon hearing it.

"Me? Saying in public? You know what Techi will do? I already get the cold shoulder now and then because being close to Neru, let alone if I said it to public. She's scary when it's something connected to Neru. I must do everything in my power to convinced her that me and Neru are only best friend. Nothing more..." Dani only nod hearing Risa's words.

"It's really better to hide it. I still remember how furious Techi was when it was you who kept Neru's phone." Said another voice suddenly, making the two girls turn around to see the owner of the voice.

Miyu, the girl who said those sentence, sit down in front of Risa and Dani. Joining them for a bit chat.

"Kept Neru's phone?" ask Dani. Miyu just nod. "Remember when Techi run around asking people about Neru whereabouts? She gets into panic mode because she cannot contact Neru at all?" answer Miyu while Dani trying to remember it for a second. She then replies" At the hotel? When we were shooting our first drama?" Miyu nod

"That was you, right? You kept Neru's phone... "ask Miyu to Risa which only keep quiet. "But isn't Manaka who return it?" reply Dani. Both of girl are looking to Risa. She sighs before answering. "Like Miyu said it was me. How did you know?"

"Techi. It was hard to refrain her from coming to you." Answer Miyu making Dani. "So she wanted to come to me, huh? You should just let her come to me. I'm ready to face her..." mumble Risa. Dani can only look at Risa in disbelief.

"And making Neru sad?" ask Miyu while smiling weakly. Risa's eyes is filled with regrets. "That's the outcome I must have face and I think I'll prefer that. Cause now, the outcome is almost the same. And what I feel is almost the same. Regrets." Dani and Miyu can only keep quiet.

"Was it that bad?" whisper Dani. Miyu nod.

"You have no idea" answer Risa while beginning to tell her story.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Flashback~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Manaka and Risa was alone in the break room after Neru leaves them for going back to the hotel. Manaka was going to play game when she sees a mobile phone being left on the table. "Ne, isn't it Neru's phone?" ask Manaka. She reaches for it and try to open it. "It's really hers. It has this wallpaper on..." said Manaka while showing Risa the wallpaper. Risa took the phone to see it more clearly. It was a picture of Neru and Techi, in bed. It was not the kind of embarrassing picture, but still, seeing it make Risa's heart ache. Seeing how close the pose is, with Techi beside Neru, while the latter one laying down with her eyes closed while Techi just smile to the camera.