Chapter 20 : Her Last Handshake

A week after the concert, on the 14th of July, Keyakizaka46's personal handshake event of Kuroi Hitsuji is being held at Pacifico Yokohama. This handshake event will be the last one for Neru.

Early morning all members have been preparing for this event. The dorm is always a bit chaotic as everyone try to get ready on time. In their room, Neru is trying her best to prepare for her last handshake event. She's wearing a grey long dress and doing her make up.

Techi, who for the last month usually is still in bed since she still recovering from the injury, is sitting on the coach, playing with her phone, already ready for the handshake. Neru glance at her with curiosity.

"Ne, Tecchan, you sure it's okay for you to come from early time? Aren't you still tired and must rest?"

Techi never come early for the handshake event, since she usually never participates in it. She usually came just before the break to accompany Neru and chatting with the other members. So it's a rare view seeing her already in her outdoor outfit, ready to go.

"Nah, don't worry. It's your last handshake. So I must be there." answer Techi, still playing on her phone.

Neru doesn't say any words again. She instead focusing on her make up. Techi stops from playing with her phone and watch Neru getting ready. Her intense stare make Neru realize being watched.

"Tecchan, what's wrong? You keep staring at me." says Neru while watching Techi from the mirror.

Techi slowly smile and answer "You look beautiful."

Just a short answer but effectively make Neru blush.

"You always look beautiful, but today you look more beautiful than ever... I might have to restrain myself from getting jealous to the fans..." continued Techi. Both of them are exchanging stare at the mirror in silence.

"Thank you." reply Neru slowly, breaking the silence.

Neru goes back to focusing on her make up, while Techi goes back to play on her phone.

"By the way, I heard from the management that fans were surprised when you perform at the mini concert to promote our 8th singles last March... It was unusual to see you being at the event, staying until the end." Said Neru suddenly. She takes a glance at Techi again. The latter only keeps silent without caring much about it, still busy playing with her phone.

The handshake event that happen last March that Neru mention was the first time where Techi participated in all three venues at the national handshake event mini-live of "Kuroi Hitsuji". Those handshake was held right after the announcement of Neru graduation. Techi was performing their latest single there. Even though it's a slower song, the strong and heavy message of "Kuroi Hitsuji" was the same as or even more exhausting to their previous single "Ambivalent". The choreography was also fierce, with collisions and being pushed away. Techi who was injured must endure the pain while performing. In which result her to be in the wheelchair all the time after the live.

When she only heard silence, Neru then turns her body to face Techi.

"So, did you conquer your trauma? I know you never wanted to participated since the incident. You did try last year at our 7th singles mini lives, but it makes you scared that you decided to not participated anymore..." continued Neru curious.

Techi doesn't even lift her head from her phone, but still answer "Just like I told you before, Neru-chan... This will be your last... The 8th single. So I'm trying to brace myself and perform. And to be honest this will be my last handshake event. I won't ever participate in it anymore."

Neru sigh, knowing how stubborn Techi is. If she said she won't participate anymore, that means she really won't. But Techi still accompany her in all those handshake event, even though only on the backstage and waiting room. Neru smiles remembering it and reply softly "Thank you, for making a memory with me."