Chapter 19 : First Concert without Soulmate

At noon, the concert begins. Even though there's rain, the show must go on. The concert starts with members going on stage as the ship's crew members. Following the members, Techi appear as captain who wore a triangular hat. The ambience becomes hot, like trying to compete with the cold rain. With the rain that's pouring, members are all wet. With this kind of condition, they can only try their best to accommodate the rain while doing the performance. Trying not to slip, or fall.

Neru watch the concert from behind the stage. In a special room dedicated for her, tuck away in the center to avoid curious fans. Her presence in the concert venue is being kept secret as the management, staff, and even members didn't want the fans badmouthing her for not performing even though she's there. And also to hide the truth about her condition. So all of them needs to keep her presence a secret.

A monitor is being set in her room, so she can see their performance. But when she sees one by one the song that's being perform, she notices something. Techi didn't once put a smile on her face. "What's wrong with her? Being so dark even if the song is cheerful?" thinks Neru. But knowing her lover, Neru knows by heart that Techi must think of something while performing. So she will ask about it later after the concert.

Meanwhile on stage, as Neru predicted, Techi is indeed thinking of something. The first was when she must touch Habu which replacing Neru. Techi didn't feel it right. The song, Sekai ni wa Ai Shika Nai, is the song solely for Neru. It's a song that represent Neru. As Techi heard herself from Akimoto-sensei, their producer when she was getting the lyrics for it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was a couple month before the release of the second single. Techi was the first to arrive at the studio recording. She was given the lyrics for the single by Akimoto-sensei himself.

"I wanted to wait for you to speak about something." said Akimoto-sensei. When he sees Techi's watching him with curiosity, he then continued, "Even though you're the center of this song, but this is a song that define Nagahama. I write it specially for her. Ah, don't ask why she isn't the one being the center, it's the management decision."

Akimoto-sensei needed to said the last sentences since Techi suddenly frown her brows.

"So, Hirate, can you sing it as though you want to convey the feeling in the lyrics to her?" plead him to the junior high girl that's standing in front of him.

Techi can only nods. She didn't understand at that time, the meaning of each words being in the lyrics. She never really understands what love is. Her family is a strict one, which only support her brother and rarely take a good look at her. She joins this group is also because of her brother's support, who knows that she begins to hate being at home and need something to runs from it. So she go with the flow and being accepted into the group. And now she's gladly embraces the condition she's in as she doesn't need to be at home anymore.

This groups also makes her meets many people from different background. From a broken one like her, to a happy one. Just like Neru. The girl who give light to her shadow. Who is fearless and hard working.

The producer's words made a big impact to Techi, and as she studies each meaning of the lyrics and compare it to Neru's personality and condition, it immediately has made Techi fall deeper in love with their newest member. She realize that she's attracted to Neru since their first meeting. She begins to understand what love is. And how beautiful it is. Just like the title song, 'There is only love in the world', Neru did show it to her. And without any hesitation Techi decide to herself that she should have that older girl. To Techi, Neru is the definition of love. Just like her producer said.