Chapter 9 : The Feeling of Emptiness

Neru is still awake when Techi enters their room. With a book on her hand, white pajamas, and curling on the couch she looks like an angel in Techi's eyes. Neru shift her eyes towards Techi, and asked her about her whereabouts without any words. But Techi understand her well that she didn't needs any word to know what Neru wants.

"I meet my love rivals." Said Techi while grinning. Neru can only pout. She knows who Techi means. "Don't worry, we're not fighting or anything. Just discussing something like grownups do..." continued Techi before Neru can protest while changing her clothes to a short and tees. She then walks closer to where Neru's sitting.

"Neru, forgive me" said Techi suddenly while sitting next to Neru. The later only raise her eyebrows upon hearing it. Techi reach the book on Neru's hand, put it down and then hold her hand. "I'm sorry for always making trouble for you, for making you sad, for betraying your trust."

"What happen, Tecchan?" ask Neru after being silence for a while. Techi only sigh. "Risa happen. She put senses in my brain. Something that I should have seen it, but didn't because of my selfishness." Neru can only smile hearing it. She can vision it in her mind how straightforward Risa's words were. "As expected of our tsundere queen..."

Techi, not knowing what's going on inside Nerus' mind, continue her words. "Many times I found out I'm nothing without you. Each time I breakdown or feeling useless, you were always there. I never actually realize it until Risa said it to me. Actually, I might have realized it, but didn't understand it before."

Neru keep her silence, waiting for Techi to continue. "You remember our latest MV shoot?" Neru nod. She remembers perfectly because it was still few weeks ago they finished it off.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ Flashback~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Keyakizaka46 are doing their latest single MV shooting. It was a dark theme compare to their 7th single which is more bright. It's also Neru's last mv shooting, since she won't be in another mv in the single. Her health is compromised, and she needs to take a break from some activities. Meanwhile Techi as usual being grumpy all day whenever Neru's absent.

But Neru still participate in the main song's MV. Even though all she did was resting, and only gets up when the director says so. Luckily, she didn't need to take part of all the scenes, and only half of it. Even in the roof scene, she only dance, half her strength, only trying to keep up with the rest.

At the far end of the room, a pair of eyes is watching her intensely. With a short hair and her outfit for the MV, which is a pair of blue jeans, white shirt and jeans jacket, really make her looks like a boy. Seeing Neru's condition, she can't help but being worry. From the first take, she keeps tracks on her lover. She knows from Neru's face that her lover is pushing herself only to shoot this mv. But being the main character, make her movement restricted. So she asks the help of the other members to always checking on her.

"Neru-chan, are you okay?" ask Yuuka when she sees Neru sits alone on most of their shoots. Neru, which read a piece of paper that is used for her scene, turns her head and give Yuuka a consoling smile.

"I'm good, Yuuka. Don't worry." Answer Neru. "You know, you're the fourth person so far to ask me that. Before there was Fu-chan, Pe-chan, and Shi-chan..."

Yuuka can only blush. Neru laugh seeing it. "Don't worry, I'm not upset. I know very well that it's Tecchan who ask all of you to look out for me... "

Yuuka only sigh and reply, "Your lover really is a dictator. But I understand how she feels. I might do the same if it's Akanen who's sick and I cannot be by her side..."