Chapter Two - Pain in the Butt

A week has passed since we all went back to school. My parents seemed to never be home, they were either at their actual jobs or the coffee shop.

They were never home to make sure I was okay, and when they were home, they ignored me. That was one thing that exhausted me, my parents, not caring.

Anyway, it is now Friday night, and Ella, Annabelle, and I are all getting ready for a party.

"This party is going to be so much fun," Ella said as she tossed me a black tank top.

"And why is that?" I asked her as she tossed me a red swimsuit.

"Because I said it will," She said as she tossed me a pair of denim shorts. "Of course, we're gonna find you a man, isn't that right Annabelle?"

"I think you've got eyes for Axel," Annabelle said as she sat up from my bed.

"Oh shut up. I can't stand that jerk." I said as I sighed and walked into my bathroom.

I quickly got changed and then walked back into my bedroom.

"He's incredibly obnoxious," I said to both of them.

"He's incredibly cute, that's for sure," Ella said as she put her shoes on.

"Great then you can go for the asshole," I said back as I grabbed my phone and wallet.

We made our way out to the car and started the drive to Jake's house. As soon as we picked up Jake we headed to the party.

"Don't you think Axel and Briella would be cute?" Annabelle spoke up from the passenger seat to Jake.

"Hell no," Jake said as I looked back at him.

"Thank you finally someone agrees," I said as I rolled my eyes and looked back towards the road.

"Y'all would be freaking hot," he said back causing me to gasp.

"Jake! You're supposed to be supporting me here," I said as I looked at him through the rearview mirror.

"Sorry, Bri, not this time," Jake said as I mumbled under my breath.

We arrived at the party around nine. The building was already packed and I felt my anxiety kick in. Why did I even agree to showing up? Parties never ended well for me, I either got black out drunk or I was an emotional mess. There was never an in between.

"Come on Bri, I'll limit the amount of drinks you have." Annabelle said from next to me. I sighed as I nodded my head and we walked towards the door.

As soon as we opened my door I saw my ex. Now this ex, we are very on again off again and I finally told him I couldn't do that anymore. He however is still extremely attached to me, and not gonna lie I'm kinda attached to him. But anyway every single time I see him at the parties or at school my heart ties in a knot and I think of everything we ever did. Not that any of it was good, he was kinda abusive. Oh and his name, Kyler Johnson.

I turned around to talk to my friends just to realize they disappeared. When I turned back around I was face to face with Kyler.

"Oh hello." I said as I tried to look over his shoulder. "You're kinda in my way."

"Listen Bri, I'm sorry about everything I've done to you. I was completely in the wrong and I understand if you won't give me another chance but just think it through?" He said as I shook my head.

"You took everything I could give you. There are no second chances." I said as I shouldered pass him and to the kitchen. I filled my cup up with alcohol and then downed it. One.