Chapter Fourteen - Meet the Dad

At about eleven, Axel decided to drive Jake, Ella and I back to the party. This was so Jake and Ella could get the car and then he would drive me home. I told him to turn the lights off of the car as we pulled into the driveway so my dad didn't freak out but he didn't listen.

As soon as we got into the driveway the porch light turned on and I saw the front door start to open.

"We are so dead Axel." I said as I went to go open the door but he locked it.

"I'm getting your door." He said as I sat back and waited for him to come get my door. I kept my eyes glued to the porch the whole time. My dad walked outside and glared at Axel. I got out of the car and Axel closed the door. "Can we hold hands?"

"Absolutely not. If you want to actually die then sure." I said as he grabbed my hand and we walked up to the porch.

"I'll take my chances."

We got up to the porch and my dad didn't take his eyes off of Axel.

"Hello sir. I believe we got off on the wrong foot. My name is Axel Connor. It's nice to meet you." Axel said as he held out his hand for my dad to shake it.

"You lied when we first met Axel. You claimed that you were Jakes brother." My dad said as I felt Axel tense up. "I don't like liars."

I noticed my dads speech was slurred and I could smell the alcohol on his breath.

"Dad you're drunk. He's a good kid just give him a chance." I said as Axel dropped my hand.

"He doesn't deserve a second chance. No one in the fucking world deserves a second chance. Not you, not him, not your mother, not me." My dad said as he started to throw his hands up into the air. He was way too drunk. This is when I typically lock myself in my room.

"Sir, I don't want a second chance. I just want you to see me as the person I am. The person I can be for your daughter." Axel said as my dad laughed and grabbed my arm.

"You don't want to be with this miserable piece of shit." He said as he pulled my to the door and almost closed it when he got a weird look on his face.

"Tell you what kid, they'll come pick you up tomorrow morning. Six am." My dad said as I scrunched my eyebrows and Axel looked confused.

"Why is that sir?" Axel asked and my dad laughed.

"Every year Briella and her mother go on a winter retreat to the mountains. Briella must have forgotten about it this year, but you can go. Meet her mother, and see how Briella really acts." My dad said as Axel nodded.

"That sounds great. I'll be ready by six. Have a great night." Axel said as he smiled and winked and me. My dad dragged me inside before I could wave goodbye.

"I swear Briella Grace you'll be dead before you graduate." My dad said as he pinned me against the wall with his hand around my throat.

"Let me go." I said as I found it harder and harder to breathe.

"What are you ever fucking thinking?! I swear you don't think." My dad said as I tried to squirm out of his grasp but it made him hold on tighter.

"Fuck you." I said in between my breaths.

That was the final straw for my dad as he literally punched me square in the face and I instantly felt my nose start to bleed.

"You just fucking broke my nose." I said as he threw me onto the ground and then kicked me in the stomach.

The pain was unbearable causing me to scream and cry. He kicked me again as there was a knock on the door. I tried to crawl to the door but he dragged me backwards. I saw blood drip onto the carpet as he was dragging me.