Chapter Eleven - New Rules

The doctors checked my vitals and even called for more test to be done. The next morning, the doctor came in with my parents. Axel, Jake, and Ella had all stayed the night in my room playing board games and just talking about life.

I knew something was up as the doctor cleared his throat and looked at the paperwork in front of him.

"Briella, your vitals were definitely scary. I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Your friends can either stay or go." The doctor said as I looked at my friends.

"They can stay."

"Excellent. The nurses have noticed your breakfast and dinner tray has been essentially untouched, did you not like the options?"

"Um- I just wasn't hungry after the accident." I said as Jake looked over at me with an upset look.

"Bri-" Jake started to say but the doctor cut him off.

"According to your parents, you've had an eating disorder before. Is this correct?" He said as Axel and Ella both looked at me now.

"Yes. I had an undiagnosed eating disorder. My parents never took me to find help." I said as the doctor nodded and wrote something down.

"Well, we are going to take steps to help you-" The doctor said as my mom decided to cut in.

"We will find her help on our own. Thank you though." The doctor looked at her like she had three heads.

"Alright then. The nurse will be right in to run through some final checks and then you're good to go." He said as Axel shook his head.

"Sir, you can't listen to her parents. You need to find her help." Axel said as the doctor looked at my parents who were rolling their eyes.

"You need to stop coming around our daughter. Got it?" My father said as the doctor took a deep breath.

"Discuss your plans, if things change notify the nurses and we will go through your options." He said as he left the room and my parents glared at my friends.

"You all are awful influences on our daughter. If you actually want the best for her, you would stop hanging around." They said as they left the room.

My eyes started to fill with tears as the room was so quiet.

"My parents never knew about my eating disorder." I said as Jake grabbed my hand.

"Your parents are awful. If they actually cared, they would've noticed." He said as I shook my head.

"They'll never notice anything." I said as I laid down in the hospital bed and turned my back to the others.

I ended up falling asleep and didn't wake up until my parents came into the room to bring me home. Ella, Jake, and Axel had all gone home.

-

I stared at my bedroom mirror and saw the bruises from the night of the accident. It's a week later and I can't help but think about dying in the accident.

My parents sat me down when we got home from the hospital and told me a list of new rules.

1. No driving after dark

2. No driving in the rain

3. No friends

3a. Axel isn't allowed at the house and I'm not allowed at his

3b. Jake, just no. Don't even mention him.

3c. Ella? We never liked her anyway. Same rules as Jake

3d. Where has Annabelle been? We really liked that girl. Bitch please.