Chapter 8 - Running away

Tommy's pov

I felt at peace. Finally... I had been running from my problems all this time.

Something slipped from my wrist, and I stared at the friendship bracelet me and tubbo had made when we were kids.

He hasn't been wearing them...

He's been wearing the same glasses as ranboo though...

I heard footsteps coming towards me.

"Hey..." tubbo said, as my eyes flew open and I jumped up.

"I don't want you to be here... not after what you did to me" I said."

"You don't understand Tommy... I'm sorry, I didn't mean it..." tubbo replied

"If we're still friends, where's your bracelet?" I asked

Tubbo sighed and lifted his sleeve up. A gold bracelet fell down his arm, and my eyes welled with tears.

"I'm sorry Tommy... I never took it off, even though I was angry at you... I was just going through-" tubbo started to talk, but I cut him off by wrapping him in a hug.

"Thank you tubbo. For being my friend... even after everything we have done to hurt each other, you've still been by my side..." I said, as tears streamed down my face

"Listen to me Tommy... it's fine... I appreciate you telling me everything. You don't have to tell anyone else, because I know that it's personal, but you can always come and talk to me. Even if im in the middle of a stream, you can always ask to come in, and we can talk." Tubbo comforted.

We sat together in the park for so long. We stared up at the starry sky and we stared at the fireflies for such a long time.

And at that moment, I realised that maybe, I shouldn't listen to the voice inside my head anymore... whatever happened, at least I had tubbo, and I could always turn to my friends for help.

You're still the problem. Why else would tubbo have to come out tonight and stay here with you. You're wasting his time

But for once, I ignored the voice. And I thought about the good memories that me and tubbo had together. I thought about the time when we went to the park together, the moment we made our friendship bracelets, the moment that we had met each other.

And I didn't think about what I had done wrong. What my weaknesses were. What I shouldn't have done. I thought about everything that I did right. The moment I had reached 10 million subs. The times that I had made my parents proud.

And during the time that I forgot about the voice. I felt something that I hadn't felt in a long time... I felt... happy?

And I lay there with tubbo for the rest of the night. We laughed and talked together and it was like the first time when we had met, and I would stay up at night to talk to him, even though I was meant to be in bed.

We ended up falling asleep together, and for the first time, I felt safe...

(NOT A SHIP, PLATONIC THEY FALL ASLEEP AS FRIENDS IN A PARK, NOTHING WEIRD HAPPENS)