Chapter 3 - Drowning

Tommy Pov

The next day, Wilbur acted like nothing had happened, although I knew he felt bad for trying to force me into telling him everything. I’m not sure what had happened, but Wilbur seemed apologetic once again, and he seemed to be keeping my distance from me. 

“GUYSSSS, LET’S GO TO THE BEACH!” Dream suddenly shouted. 

I know he was trying to lessen the tension between me and Wilbur, but all he did was make my anxiety worse. I couldn’t show them my arms, so, once again, I started thinking of an excuse. 

“I don’t really wanna swim, can I just sit on the side?” I asked nervously

“Of course Tommy, there’s also a small pool on the side you can float in. But be careful, it’s pretty deep so if you don’t wanna swim you can just dip your feet in.” Dream replied.

Timeskip for when they all arrive at the beach

 I was sitting at the edge of the pool and watching my friends splash each other with water and lying on the sand. Suddenly I realised that Wilbur was behind me. 

“Tommy, you need to tell me what’s wrong. NOW.” He shouted. 

“Listen to me, Wilbur. I don’t need to tell you anything. This is my life. I'm not angry at you but I’m tired. I’m tired of you meddling in my affairs. I’m tired of you upsetting me and then saying that you’re sorry when you just don’t care. So I don’t care anymore. I just want a nice trip. So you need to stop meddling in my life.” I stood up and started to walk away. All of a sudden I realised that Wilbur had pushed me into the pool. 

I was in the deep end and I was struggling to get up. I wasn’t wearing a swimsuit so my clothes were weighing me down. I wasn’t prepared for Wilbur to push me into the pool, so I didn’t have enough time to take a breath before I fell into the pool. Black dots started to appear in my vision before I felt my hands grasp the edge of the pool. I was to weak to pull myself up, and I thought I was going to black out, but a pair of strong hands yanked me out of the pool. 

“WHAT THE FUCK WHERE YOU THINKING WILBUR SOOT!” Eret shouted, anger clearly written on his face. 

The entire beach froze. The only sound was a soft “language” coming from bad, but even he didn’t dare to argue with Eret while he was so mad. 

“What’s going on?” Dream asked. “Surely it’s not that bad…?” Dream whispered

“WILBUR SOOT PUSHED TOMMY INTO THE DEEP END BECAUSE TOMMY DIDN’T WANT TO TELL WILBUR SOMETHING!” Eret shouted again. 

“We’re going home. We’ll talk about it there.” Dream replied softly. Even though he was pretending to be calm, his face twitched with anger.

Timeskip to when they all arrive at home

“Wilbur, what’s wrong with you...” George asked?

“What’s the point of pushing someone into the pool if they won’t tell you something. It’s not like they’ll tell you afterwards...” Dream interrogated.

“I’m sorry, I-” Wilbur started.

“No Wilbur. You’re not sorry. At least, you’re not sorry for pushing me into the pool. You’re sorry that you weren’t able to get any information from me. That’s what you always do. You say something that’s mean, and then you say sorry but you don’t mean it. I don’t want to see you anymore. I don’t want to see your face, especially after you TRIED TO MURDER ME!” I shouted, tears now streaming down my face. 

“I DIDN’T TRY TO MURDER YOU!” Wilbur screamed. 

“WELL YOU ENDED UP NEARLY DROWNING HIM!” Eret yelled.

“IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!” Wilbur shouted, once again

“HOW CAN YOU ACCIDENTALLY PUSH A PERSON INTO THE POOL” Skeppy yelled

“STOP! EVERYONE SHUT THE FUCK UP!” Dream yelled.

Everyone froze, they had never seen Dream so angry. No matter how angry Dream was, he never shouted. 

“Wilbur, everyone here is obviously mad at you. Tommy, it’s your decision, do you want him to fly back or to live somewhere else for the moment.” Dream asked.

“W-well I think it would be best for you to keep your distance Wilbur. But I won’t fly you back, you can stay at a nearby inn or hotel. I don’t want to see you until you decide to apologise and stop trying to force me to do what you want.” I snapped at Wilbur.

“TOMMY WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?” Wilbur shouted. “I DO SO MUCH FOR YOU AND YOU DECIDE TO KICK ME OUT OF THE HOUSE! WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU???????” Wilbur screamed.

“Do you want to fly back?” I asked nonchalantly, the emotion gone from my face. My eyes were blank and threatening, letting Wilbur see the side of me that no longer cared.

“YOU LITTLE BITCH! YOU’RE USELESS, YOU’RE STUPID! YOU ARE A MISTAKE. I CAN’T BELIEVE I EVER CARE ABOUT YOU! I ONLY USED YOU FOR CONTENT!” Wilbur shouted, his face suddenly falling. 

Everyone stood, frozen in place. 

“TOMMY I'M SORRY! I WAS MAD! TOMMY PLEASE! I NEED YOU. I WANT TO BE FRIENDS!” Wilbur screamed and pleaded.

I walked over and shoved him backwards, hard. “So… Do you need me? No Wilbur. You need me for content. You need me to prove to your fans that you still have friends. Well, I hate to break it to you Wilbur, but you don’t. You don’t have friends, and you never, ever will…”