❥ Chapter Thirteen: Luna, the Female Alpha

JACK

I know something was up the moment she said she'll mourn for our child. I let everything get the better of me but I didn't force her to stay inside 'cause I'll only suffocate her more. I bend down and picked up the ring she returned to me. And as I stare at the diamond, my heart feels heavy and excruciatingly painful. I succumb to my own decision and now I ruined everything.

"I think we should follow her." Prim whispered. We all looked at each other but I immediately stare away, Matt and Art wanted to punch me so bad but they restrained themselves. Matt clenched his jaw. "She wants to be alone. I think it's better than seeing Jack." He muttered nonchalantly. I ignored his remarks and examine the ring on the palm of my right hand. She wore this for two months almost and in between those days I cheated. I was so stupid, I was tempted and what's worse is I gave in. I smiled bitterly before wiping my tears.

APPROACHING 5 METERS

A designed voice and prototype in voice prompted and broken screen of the laptop came to life with a screeching sound. Prim immediately stood up and grabbed the laptop. She tapped the screen for a moment and tried to punch in some keys.

ACCESS DENIED

"Shit." Prim cursed. She navigated on the laptop and the keys on the keyboard are about to break. Pearls of sweat formed on her forehead but she didn't stop. Prim tried another combination.

ACCESS DENIED

"Try Roni's email password." Art suggested. Prim typed in Roni's only password. She uses the same password to her other accounts 'cause she tends to forget them every time.

ACCESS DENIED

"Damn." Prim cussed under her breath. "The code only consists of six numbers. It may be her birth date." Art muttered. He then took over and punched in the numbers 01-22-94. But....

ACCESS DENIED | ONE REMAININBG ATTEMPT BEFORE SHUTDOWN

APPROACHING 5 METERS

"Fuck." Prim screamed in frustration. I surveyed the laptop and saw how broken it was. I can't clearly see what's written on the upper right because of the crack. "Why are we even trying to get access? What's even approaching?" Matt asked. Prim immediately shot him the look before biting her nails. My forehead creased as I watch her like a hawk. She's nervous.

"Do you know what's approaching?" Art asked her this time. She then shrugged before turning her head to my direction. She gulped when she saw how I badly needed her answer. It's Roni's laptop and god knows what's in there. "It's uhm. I—" She stuttered after realizing how we all want to know why she's panicking and being scared. "We need to know which direction it is coming from." She whispered.

"It?" Matt asked, confused. Prim navigated the laptop again without blinking for a second. "Primrose." I called or warned. "I'm guessing it's the map. This is where she tracked down those werewolves." She uttered with a shaky voice.

"Werewolves are approaching?" Art asked with a puzzled expression. "I don't know. I'm not sure. I need to open this thing for us to know where exactly it is heading to. Werewolves are on the move and if we figured out where they're heading, we can escape without being confronted by a single werewolf. All we need is a code. A code that Roni uses, digits she can never forget."

"2-8-00-37." I casually muttered. Prim glanced at me and I nodded at her. "2-8-00-37. Her ID number." I explained. "Are you sure? We only have one attempt." Prim asked. I took a deep breath before finally nodding my head as an assurance. She faced the screen again and typed the numbers.