❥ Chapter Seven: One out of Seven

My eyelids were heavy but I tried to open them again. My whole body is aching everywhere and I can't seem to even sat up. I blinked when my eyes finally opened.

I winced when I felt a stab of pain in my chest. I inhaled deeply as I slowly sat up, ignoring the excruciating pain in the lower part of my body.

I adjusted my vision from the blinding lamp before finally realizing where I am. I'm inside once again. Inside a cave filled with fluorescent lamps on each side of the walls. I picked up a scent of disinfectant and a lemon tea from a meter away.

I'm in a hospital bed with needles on each side of the arm. There's also a small monitor that shows my vital status. An off-white satin curtain hang in front of me, blocking my view of what's out there. My legs are filled with bandages and I can still see a stain of blood from the hem of my shirt. My pants was filled with dirt and some of the denim were torn.

I tried to lift my leg but it didn't even budged a little. Did they put some anaesthesia on my legs?

I panicked a little and momentarily touched my plastered wounds. I didn't feel anything. They did injected me some sort of liquid to lessen the pain. But anaesthesia isn't good when you're...

The curtain moved to the other side and a young woman came in. She was wearing a lab gown and her face is slightly covered because of the mask. She has a stethoscope around her neck and a clipboard on her left hand.

"Oh. You're up." She uttered in shock. "Wait here a minute. I'll call Dr. Salazar." She added as she hurriedly scuttle to the outside.

I caressed my forehead until I touch the bandage on my frontal lobe. There's also a thin bandage on my right cheek and I can feel the stitches on the wound. I subconsciously touched my stomach and slowly draw some small circles on it. Did they took the baby out? Anesthesia isn't good for pregnant women.

I stifle a cry and tears came raging down to my face after I realized what really had happened. Because I wasn't sharp enough, the operation was a disaster. A lot of my men died on that cave. My body's distorted and because of the grave wounds I have, I have just aborted my child.

My friends rushed to my side when they saw me crying. Prim cried too when she held my hand. Lauren wiped my tears and smiled to ease my burden. Matt and Art stood in front of the bed checking my injuries. I leaned closer to Jack when he kissed my head and hushed my cries. I'm feeling more guilty and at fault now that they're all here. And I don't know how to explain and what to say but I need to know what happened to my baby.

"Shhhhhh. You're safe now." Jack whispered softly. I shook my head and tried to speak.

"How about the baby?" I asked. They all exchange some stares before everyone left except Jackson. He sat on the bed and squeezed my hand tightly with eyes full of longing.

"Why didn't you tell me?" His voice cracked, he's in pain and it's my fault. I'm the one who should be blamed.

"I'm sorry." I whispered as tears sprung again, making it hard to breathe.

"When did you found out?" He calmly asked this time. I gritted my teeth and stare down at my fingers laced together.

"Before we bound for Delphilia." I answered, voice still shaking. I can't look at him nor glanced a little at the man I love the most. I'm too afraid. Afraid to find his expression. He has the every right to get furious at me but still, it scares me.

We both fell silent for a minute. Trying to give each other a moment to think about it. I bit my lip when I averted my gaze and saw him shut his eyes with a pained expression. It makes my heart shatter into a thousand pieces.