❥ Chapter Twenty-Five: Present

Roni

I was asleep again for a couple of days but I woke up to a different place. Art brought me to his home. He thought I was afraid of staying at the hospital, without knowing I escaped because I don't want him to harm me and cause more memory loss. I opened my eyes and noticed the monochrome shade of the room. It was a single apartment type customized to Art's favorite colors.

Art was already at my side, waiting for me to wake up. He had my breakfast prepared on a tray and he put it on the bedside table. He immediately supported me when I tried to sit up. I swallowed all my frustrations. I can't seem to remember what happened after he injected me the sedative on the Antigen grounds. That's odd. I got a feeling this isn't the first time I woke up from my deep slumber.

"Here, I cooked your favorites." Art muttered cheerfully. I want to slap that smirk on his face. He's somehow affecting me in a bad way, I can't help but think that there's more sedative on the orange juice.

"Is something wrong?" He asked when I just stare at the plate in front of me. I immediately shook my head and took a bite. I chew and ate it all, I didn't notice I was famished. I gulped down the orange juice on one go.

"Slow down." Art murmured after he chuckled. I didn't mind him, I continued eating. I want to get out here fast.

"After you're done, you can take a shower." Art pointed at the bathroom behind me. "If you're feeling better now, I can call Jelly and she can accompany you back to your apartment." He softly said. My forehead creased when I turned to him. He's letting me go just like that? I thought he'll lock me in.

"What?" Art asked, surprised by the way I stare at him. I shrugged. 

"Nothing." I answered and continued eating afterwards.

"Jelly passed by before she went to the office. She brought your bag and clean clothes."

I stare at the things below the bed and stare at him back again. Something's wrong. He seems awfully nice today unlike those burning eyes that could kill.

"I'll get ready for work, the maid here will see you out once Jelly comes here." Art muttered as he turned his heel and walked towards the bedroom door. He held on the door knob and looked over his shoulder to take a glance at me.

"La Carmela University hired me to be the Physics Major adviser. I resigned at Antigen the other day. Like you, I am still haunted by those horrifying scenes." He whispered the last words but I heard it loud and clear. He took a moment to breathe hard. Then he smiled at me as he waved his hands.

"See you whenever Roni." He bid goodbye to me and he closed the door behind him. Leaving me slightly confused and guilty. Maybe Art just wanted to help me overcome my trauma.

I pushed the food tray gently and grabbed my shoulder bag on the floor. I unzipped my bag and take out all the things inside. When my bag is finally empty, I looked at the things one by one. My IDs and documents are here, it is inside a zip lock and I can see any fingerprints on it so no one actually touched it.

My phone is still on, the battery is full so I guess Jelly charged it. My journal is also here, I flipped through the pages and made sure no one actually seen the whole pages. Next, I checked the medicine bottles that were labeled as my own pain reliever. It is actually one of Antigen's prototypes for human enhancement, a pill to take after being injected by the serum. I pasted a different label on it so no one would know.