❥ Chapter Eleven: Red

Jack

I'm concerned with Roni's well-being, most especially the wounds that she had got. Art, Matt and I met Prim on our way back to the bridge. She was crying so hard and terrified while asking for help. Roni's not with her and when I saw her tremble, I immediately ran towards where the bridge is.

When I saw the edge of the bridge, I sprinted in hopes that Roni is fine and nothing dangerous happened. I searched for signs where she might have gone. Hopefully she's okay and that the baby is fine.

"Where is she?" I asked, agitated.

"Jack." Art called and I immediately ran to where he's standing. I felt all my blood gone throughout my body when I saw Roni's cardigan. There are stains of blood everywhere including the bridge steps. Prim cried even more while I sat down, giving up. There's no way that she survived that attack. The cardigan's hem and back were torn apart. I pushed all my tears back. I don't want them to see me crying.

Art stood on the edge with a dark expression. He's mad and grieving too.

"This is all your fault." I muttered as I stood up and faced Matt with clenched fist.

"Screw you." I whispered before walking towards Matt. I grabbed him by the collar with dreadful eyes that are about to rain down.

This is all his fault. If he didn't ran away with Lauren, Roni might still be here beside me unharmed. But because he chose to despise me and Roni after I told them the truth about the expedition, Roni is gone.

"Roni was pregnant you asshole! And now both of their lives perished just because you and your girlfriend wanted to continue your pathetic research. For what? For acknowledgement?" I spat.

Arturo tried to calm me down but I didn't flinched. I want Matt to know how painful it is. I want him to pay for everything. Let him get eaten by his conscience.

"She cares about us the most, more than anything that's why she's trying so hard to make things right." I sounded so gay with a hoarse voice now but I don't effin care.

"Jack, calm down. Let's talk things out with a clear mind." Art held my hands that are on Matt's shirt.

"It's okay Art. Let him vent all his frustrations to me. After all, he's mad on himself too." Matt smirked. I clenched my jaw and scoffed.

"Douchebag." I shouted on his face before throwing him a punch. Matt fell on the wood steps with a cut lower lip. He spit some blood before wiping his face. His smirk didn't disappeared and I badly want to punch him again. If it weren't for Prim. She defended Matt while Arturo pulled me away. I clenched my jaw once more before shoving Art's hand away.

Matt sat up, trying to stopped the bleeding that I inflicted. Prim checked his face. He grunt after trying to stand up. We were silent for awhile, cooling our heads. I was about to walk away when we heard a loud gasped. Like someone took a deep breath. It was loud enough for us to hear.

"That's Roni." Prim squealed. I immediately turned and headed to the rope railing where Prim had leaned to.

I saw Roni struggling to swim away from the river. It's a hundred meter drop from here but she managed to survive. I hurriedly removed my jacket before jumping on the bridge. I ignored Art's remarks and focused on keeping a good form for the dive. I felt a sharp washed of the water when I landed but I swim swiftly towards Roni who's floating on her back against the water, not moving anymore.

I hurriedly hugged her to me and swam on the shallow part. I glanced at her and was about to cry. She had more deep wounds than the last time. Her face pale and lips almost gray. Her whole body was trembling when I finally got off the river. We were dripping when I walked and carried her to where Art stood. He used the stairs that Lauren's team had set up last time. But I stopped when Roni's hand fell away from my shoulders. She wasn't breathing anymore too.