The Proposal

"Hey can I ask you something?" I asked, looking at him.

"Of course," he replied.

"Do you ever think about the possibility of getting married and having a family?" I asked. Steve stiffened for a moment, stopping in his tracks. 

"What?" he asked.

"Marriage and kids. Do you ever think about it?" I asked. I looked up at him trying to gauge his reaction but he was hard for me to read.

"Yeah, I've thought about it. It's definitely something that I would love to have one day," he responded, and we continued to walk. I smiled. So he did want to get married and have a family.

"Hey there's one more thing I want to do before we head back," he said pulling me toward the beach. "Let's go walk on the beach."

"Steve it's dark," I replied, confused. He just pulled me along and stopped as we stepped on to the beach to pull of his shoes and socks. I pulled my sandals off as well and we hid them in a bush, to wait for us until we got back. We had only walked a short way when he stopped again, pulling something out of his pocket.

"I have a surprise for you," he said and walked toward me. It was a handkerchief. 

"Ok?" I said, really confused now. He laughed and rolled it up until he used it to cover my eyes. "Steve! Is this really necessary?"

"Yes it is, I don't want to ruin it," he responded. If it was dark before, it was nothing compared to how dark it was now. He took me by the hand and led me along the beach for a few minutes until he stopped. He turned me slightly and stepped away. "Now don't take it off until I tell you to." I huffed and crossed my arms, but did as he asked. I couldn't tell what he was doing but it had better be good for making me stand here. After a few moments he spoke again.

"Ok, take it off," he said. I reached up and untied the blindfold and gasped at the sight in front of me. There were tiki torches that were lit and in the shape of a heart. He was standing in the middle of it and held out a hand waiting for me. I stepped forward and put my hand in his.

"What is this?" I asked. He didn't answer but instead began to speak.

"Aliana, you are the most amazing woman I have ever met. When I came out of the ice, I never thought I would find anyone that I could be comfortable with let alone want to spend my life with. You have made me incredibly happy and I want to spend every moment for the rest of my life making you just as happy," he said. Tears formed in my eyes as he spoke, but I let out a gasp as he got down on one knee and pulled a small black box out of his pocket. 

"Aliana Fraser, will you marry me?" he asked as he opened the box to reveal the most amazing ring I had ever seen. The tears flowed freely down my face and I smiled.

"Of course I will yes!" I cried. His face lit up and he put the ring on my left ring finger. He leapt to his feet and pulled me into his arms, spinning me around and kissing me. He set me back down on the ground and smiled at me.

"God I love you so much!" he whispered, pulling me into a hug. "Come on, let's go back to the tower. I have something I need to do." He took my hand and pulled me back to the entrance to the beach after extinguishing the torches. We grabbed our shoes and ran back to the car, elated.

"When do we tell everyone?" I asked as we got in the car and headed back to the tower. 

"Well Nat and Sam know that I was going to ask," he replied. "They helped me set everything up." I nodded. That figured. It didn't take long and we were parking the car. We walked into the tower and stepped into the elevator. I tried to kiss Steve but he held me by the waist.