ꕥ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 ꕥ

Thomas knocked three times at his mother's door.

"Come in." he heard his mother say.

He slowly opened the heavy door, looked around and saw his mother laying on her side of the bed. He didn't need to say anything, Jacky knew it was Thomas.

She turned around and gestured the brunet to lay down as well. Thomas still had few tears in his eyes, but wiped them away quickly. He came over to his mother after closing the door.

"I said goodbye to him," he whispered laying down beside her mother.

Jacky's body tensed and she didn't... She couldn't hold back her tears when she saw how broken Thomas looked at her. He didn't care, but needed to hug his mother.

The queen hugged the brunet's head to her chest, kissed his head and stroke his hair softly. She knew exactly how he felt, sad that he had to go through something like that in such young age.

"It's okay, it was only for the right," she whispered.

"I miss him already," Thomas cried.

Thomas cried into her chest, thinking about all the unforgettable moments he had with his favorite creature. He was in love with him, he never told him that.

"Mother, I love him."

"I know, Thomas... I know," Jacky replied, kissing his head once again.

It's been an hour of Thomas and Jacky just laying there and do nothing. Jacky knew the pain Thomas was going through, she felt the same when she was forced to marry king Conan, but fell in love with him. The pain was worse when she couldn't say goodbye to him.

"We need to cheer you up a little, what about a duel?"

"You have Minho for that," Thomas whispered.

Jacky smirked. She knew exactly where her adopted son was. Thinking about it, Jacky never saw her two sons in another way. She didn't care if the boy came out of her or from an orphanage, she loved both of them the same way. But she always knew they wouldn't have the same rights.

"He went off to the Jones Castle, there is a boy, prince Aris who's definitely catching his eye since... I think since last year or something," she explained.

Thomas huffed. He knew Minho would definitely find someone sooner than he could, but knew as well that the raven haired boy could not be a king.

"I know what you're thinking about, it's unfair, it's bad, it's not okay for you," she trailed off.

Thomas nodded his head. It was no matter what, his mother would always know what he was thinking about. He slowly sat up, wiping out some tears in his eyes.

"A duel... Now?" Thomas asked.

"Yes of course, I'm gonna beat your little ass."

***

"Oh come on, another round," Jacky fake pouted.

Teresa giggled in the corner of the garden on the bench, two dolls in her hand. Thomas lost already two rounds, out of breath, he sat on the bench beside Teresa.

"I'm tired," Thomas whined, stretching out his leg.

He plunged his sword into its place behind his belt and rubbed his face. Jacky gave her sword to a maid and told her to bring it into her positioning room where she kept her other swords.

"Want a walk?" she asked afterwards.

"Oh uh, okay," Thomas hesitated.

Teresa squealed and climbed up Thomas' lap, hugging him tightly. The prince soon noticed that his little sister wanted to be carried, so he picked her up carefully, balancing her on his hip.

"I wish my artist could be here, he'd draw you two so perfectly," Jacky murmured.

She came over closer to them and gave Teresa a kiss on the head. Then they made their way out of the dueling spot, walking into the flower garden. Thomas sighed when he saw the daisies, his eyes already tearing up.

He didn't know if it was imaginary or not, but he saw the fairy's dust falling from a tower. The potion tower, he imagined seeing him up there, his famous frown in his face and as the usual a flower crown on his head.

"Thomas."

Jacky snapped her fingers in front of the brunet's face. She looked worried at him, then looked over to the potion tower. When the queen didn't see anything, she shrugged and took Teresa from Thomas' grip, carrying her.

"Mommy, make me fly," Teresa squealed and held her hands up.

Jacky laughed at her and lifted her up by her tiny waist. Teresa giggled hugging her mother's neck tightly.

"I love you, my baby," Jacky whispered, cradling her small body in her arms.

They didn't notice when it happened, but the princess soon fell asleep in the queen's arms. Thomas smiled at them, walking further into their garden.

Jacky walked beside him, every now and then nudging his side. Thomas huffed out a chuckle when he saw blue orchids in a flower pot. He remembered Newt making a flower crown for him, the orchid crown still in his room.

"You know... You're turning sixteen... And you know-"

"I know, I will be the king of Glade Castle," Thomas said at the same time as Jacky.

Jacky giggled, stroking some hair out of Teresa's face. Thomas huffed once again, going over to the small princess. He planted a small kiss on her forehead, still in Jacky's arms. The queen smiled at her son, proud to have such wonderful children.

"Let's go to the entrance, Minho will come soon," she said, looking at the big clock tower.

It was past ten, time when the children of the queen had to be home. Thomas and Jacky made their way to the fore yard.

After a few minutes they saw Minho riding his brown horse to the entrance, a boy with light brown hair following behind with a white horse. They watched when Minho and the boy, Aris talked and had a short conversation.

Jacky let out a squeal when Minho leaned over to Aris and kissed his forehead. Thomas scoffed, but watched, smirking at his brother.

"That's my boy," Jacky whispered.

***

It's been days, where Thomas didn't see his precious fairy. It's been days since he last saw his beautiful smile. Thomas was doing things he'd usually do.

Have duels with his mother, mess around with Minho, go to the grave of his father and play dolls with his sister. The prince was reading a book when suddenly the balcony's door knocked. He looked at the glass. Seeing the sight of two crying fairies shocked him.

"Lizzy? Harriet?" Thomas asked.

"Newt is gone."

𝐚𝐧: 𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐲'𝐚𝐥𝐥,

𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐢 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐩𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 "𝐚𝐫𝐭."

𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲/𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲'𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩.

1130 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬.

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞

~𝕂